New LC owner asking advice for 35s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looking for suggestions, friends. After reading this thread and several others, I dropped my 80 off yesterday to have new 35s installed on the stock suspension. They called me this afternoon and said they were rubbing the front bumper terribly and were going to try to take the bumper caps off so I could drive it home.

For those that mentioned 35s would run fine on stock suspension, what am I missing?

Looking for suggestions, friends. After reading this thread and several others, I dropped my 80 off yesterday to have new 35s installed on the stock suspension. They called me this afternoon and said they were rubbing the front bumper terribly and were going to try to take the bumper caps off so I could drive it home.

For those that mentioned 35s would run fine on stock suspension, what am I missing?
First I've heard of that happening. I ran around with 35s for months on stock suspension. Yours just must be beyond tired and sagged. How many miles on the stock set up?

First I've heard of that happening. I ran around with 35s for months on stock suspension. Yours just must be beyond tired and sagged. How many miles on the stock set up?

@Bludozer Thanks for the response and confirmation. I thought I was going crazy, and my wife looked at me like she was going to punch me. I have owned this vehicle for about 5 years, but it has sat as a project for 4.75 of those 5. I just dropped a rebuilt engine in her about a month ago. She has 251k on the odometer, but I have no idea how long the current stock suspension has been on there. Guess I’m lifting earlier than I thought...

What actual tire and size did you get? Some 315's are barely 34" while some 35's (i.e. 12.5x35x17) are over 35". Depends on the manufacturer. That could make a difference, but I'm guessing you have some major spring sag as well :D

I appreciate the feedback, and apologize to the OP for highjacking their thread...

The tires I went with are Goodyear Wrangler MT/R 315/75/16. The shop was able to move the front bumper forward enough that it doesn't seem to rub at the moment, but a suspension upgrade is definitely on the near horizon.

MG New Tires.jpg

I appreciate the feedback, and apologize to the OP for highjacking their thread...

The tires I went with are Goodyear Wrangler MT/R 315/75/16. The shop was able to move the front bumper forward enough that it doesn't seem to rub at the moment, but a suspension upgrade is definitely on the near horizon.

View attachment 1957580View attachment 1957580

Unless it's a hell of an optical illusion, that FRONT tire is LARGER than the rear tire. Check your size numbers on all four tires.

Unless it's a hell of an optical illusion, that FRONT tire is LARGER than the rear tire. Check your size numbers on all four tires.

I will double check, but I am 99% certain that all 5 are the same size. I bought them from @Stylo07 who is very particular about tires.

wow, it does!

Just got home and confirmed they are all the same size. The front end is just sitting quite a bit lower than the rear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom