New horse in the stable (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i had the hub number writen down somewhere, but check the trailer section on mud, the M101's have been converted a bunch of times and should be able to find it pretty easy

Rear corner piece

The r/r corner was the only place i found previous damage with bondo so rather than screw with the unknown i bought a corner piece from EBI. I cut out the corner and found that the horn on the sill end was rusty so i cut out and welded in new metal.
Gordon Bay Camping 001.jpg
Gordon Bay Camping 004.jpg

Last edited:
is that Dan Rochat(sp?)'s truck?
It was :frown:

Unfortunately, I was pulled over by the RCMP on my way to work and the cop went through it with a fine tooth comb and decided to pull it off the road. To add a little insult to injury, she got the truck towed away leaving me on the side of the street with my ship sailing in the next 45 minutes.

I was living in Langford basement suite at the time and didn't have the time, place or money to get it inspection ready. Being that it was my daily driver, I needed something right away to get me to and from work. If it was my own place, I would have just bought a beater (more so than the Cruiser was) and fixed her up over time. So I traded it in and got a Tacoma. It was a sad day when they took her away.

Vern to the rescue! Luckily she ended up in good hands and what a difference. It's looking great Vern! Not a day goes by that I don't miss that cruiser and I look forward to when I can replace her. :cheers:

Well done Vern.

That's some high praise right there! (previous post) You are a magician.

Seriously, your metal work is great! Keep it up. The joy is in the journey not the outcome, but I see you know that already. Let me know when I help,

Are you going to be redoing the things you did at the beginning to bring them up to the standard of all this latter stuff?

Its funny you should say that because i have been looking at the early stuff saying i could do better than that now.

haha I know that feeling... fortunately I have such a long list of things to do I don't have to worry about the early stuff I did until it rusts out/breaks!

Whats your schedule like vern? I'd like to come by and take a look at your progress sometime !

Took the tarp off the 42 yesterday and evicted all the cats and i am going to start working on it again. Got a question for you computer geeks out there, why have all the pics i posted vanished and there is a note edited by wombat 08/11
How do i get them back and what did i do wrong to make them go away? :doh:

bought the star and spent 3 hours putting all the pics back,probably not all of them and not in correct order but close enough.

Last edited:
Took the tarp off the 42 yesterday and evicted all the cats and i am going to start working on it again. Got a question for you computer geeks out there, why have all the pics i posted vanished and there is a note edited by wombat 08/11
How do i get them back and what did i do wrong to make them go away? :doh:

suspect you had a star and let it lapse

What is a star and how did i let it lapse?

ask Tiger and O.J. :lol:

but yeah, I use photobucket for pics.

free hosting for buttloads of pics, and once they're up on the pb site, there's an "img" link under the pic you click and it automatically copies , then just paste here and it's done. Pretty slick.

Plus no messing around with resizing photos which always drives me nuts.

Finally quit waffling and welded in the new corner piece i got from EBI.Turned out pretty good just have to patch up a piece at r/r door bottom and just below r/r corner lamp.
Late July 2011 020.jpg
October 2011 127.jpg
October 2011 128.jpg

Back at it again

Everyone keeps asking how the 42 is going and with the nicer weather i started to work on it again. All the tub work i did on the inside and out side was sprayed with self etching primer and over the winter developed surface rust as you can see in the previous pic. I sanded everything back down,cleaned up some early welds that were not up to "Cam" standards,seam sealed and primered in prep for interior tub paint tomorrow morning.I removed front seats and belts and heater will probably get seats redone if not too $ I removed emblems and lights to restore. I will post up more pics as things move along. :beer:

42 001.jpg

Finished working on the inside and painted it with some Valspar anti rust paint. Will probably put some sort of box liner on top of the screaming red when i am finished with all other painting.

82 bj42 002.jpg

Beautiful! Nice work Vern.

Keep the momentum going! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom