New head unit / backup cam / remote start (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Finally treated Vicki to some upgrades I had been planning on from the start.

Headunit:

Amazon.com: Sony XAV-AX100 6.4" Media Receiver with Bluetooth: Cell Phones & Accessories

Remote start:

PRIME G9 | Remote Car Starters | Compustar

Not sure about the brand of backup camera as I had a shop do the install but it is HD and looks very good.

Love the sony- using it hooked up to the factory amp for now but will be upgrading it and the speakers in the future. Only dislikes so far is the auto-dimmer does not work (too bright at night) and it does not allow you to edit your your car play apps. Otherwise huge upgrade in functionality and sound.

The shop I used installed a USB socket in one of the cigarette lighter spots allowing me to use a lightning cable for car play and charging- very clean.

Remote start has been really great. I also am using the drone mobile app which allows me to start the car from anywhere in the world as long as both the car and you have cell service. Last week I had to travel for work and when I landed at the airport I started the car from my phone while I was on the runway and by the time I got to the airport parking lot it was toasty inside.

DroneMobile | Smartphone Remote Start, Security, & Tracking System

It also allows you to track your vehicle on a map and shows the status of your car (engine status, door lock status, internal temp etc) from your phone.

Couldn't be happier with these upgrades.

IMG_6869.JPG

IMG_6870.JPG

IMG_6871.JPG

IMG_6873.JPG

IMG_6872.JPG

Very cool setup! What was the total cost for all that? I've heard there is a good bit of labor involved in getting a remote start installed.

Very cool setup! What was the total cost for all that? I've heard there is a good bit of labor involved in getting a remote start installed.
Thanks! Total cost was $1500 installed.

Really want this. But man that's half the cost of my truck! :(
Yeah when I took out the loan for my truck I factored this into it so I can work it into the monthly payments. Not cheap but now I am driving around in pretty much my dream vehicle.

Why compustar over the drone mobile remote start system?
Well actually it is both (Compustar and Drone are the same company). So I have a physical remote when there is no cell service or if I just don't have my phone, or I can use the app on my phone- either one works.

Ah, didn't know that. Have you had any issues with the drone mobile app connecting to the vehicle?

Ah, didn't know that. Have you had any issues with the drone mobile app connecting to the vehicle?
The app requires a refresh to get the current status but it always connects- so far so good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom