New guy to NM (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey y'all, figured I'd introduce myself here. I'm Dave, recently moved from Nashville to Taos, though I'll be splitting my time between Taos and Los Alamos, as I'll be starting work there in a few weeks. I have a few cruisers, though still working on transporting the '70 FJ40 from CA. You'll see me around town in the red 96' with 37's, a dorkel and bunch of crap on it. Current project in the shop is a shortened FJ40 tub on an 80 chassis, with an LS going in. I'll throw some pictures below.

I'm in to all the standard CO/NM outdoors stuff; wheeling, hiking, snowboarding, climbing, starbucks runs, crocheting, etc. Stoked to finally be in a state with some public lands, and ready to explore! I'll keep an eye out for events/meetups/trail rides here with this club group, and always down for a beer!

Oh, and green chile is best!

20231116_173144.jpg

20231112_165822.jpg

Attach112125_20170308_171145.jpg

Welcome!

I live in the Jemez west of Los Alamos we should meet up sometime after you get settled in.

And I'm one hour west of Taos in El Rito. There is a wide open world of desert and mountain country to explore.
Come on over.

Best thing about working at Los Alamos?
You won't need to worry about turning your lights on at night because your truck will glow in the dark!!!

Oh snap is that a pop top on your 80?

Welcome to the neighborhood!

oh man, that 80 is the bombdiggity with the Campteq. Drool :oops:.

Welcome to the 'hood amigo, hope to meet you in person some day.

@alia176 Thanks! Although it isn't a campteq, I actually fabricated it myself, but based after the campteq. Those things are way too spendy! I also did a DIY walkthrough on here for the gullwing windows, because I didn't want to fork out the $1k it would have been to do both. I did splurge on the suspension recently; the ome shocks and springs have over 100k on them and are clapped out, so some dobby MRA's are going in as soon as I find time this upcoming week and a helping hand. :)

@alia176 Thanks! Although it isn't a campteq, I actually fabricated it myself, but based after the campteq. Those things are way too spendy! I also did a DIY walkthrough on here for the gullwing windows, because I didn't want to fork out the $1k it would have been to do both. I did splurge on the suspension recently; the ome shocks and springs have over 100k on them and are clapped out, so some dobby MRA's are going in as soon as I find time this upcoming week and a helping hand. :)

DIY campteq you say? Oh, this just gets MOBETTA!!!!

Welcome! I live in Los Alamos and am back and forth between here and Taos frequently in the winter for both snowmobiling and skiing. We should get out for some shredding of some kind this season!

@alia176 Thanks! Although it isn't a campteq, I actually fabricated it myself, but based after the campteq. Those things are way too spendy! I also did a DIY walkthrough on here for the gullwing windows, because I didn't want to fork out the $1k it would have been to do both.
Say less🤪

Hey y'all, figured I'd introduce myself here. I'm Dave, recently moved from Nashville to Taos, though I'll be splitting my time between Taos and Los Alamos, as I'll be starting work there in a few weeks. I have a few cruisers, though still working on transporting the '70 FJ40 from CA. You'll see me around town in the red 96' with 37's, a dorkel and bunch of crap on it. Current project in the shop is a shortened FJ40 tub on an 80 chassis, with an LS going in. I'll throw some pictures below.

I'm in to all the standard CO/NM outdoors stuff; wheeling, hiking, snowboarding, climbing, starbucks runs, crocheting, etc. Stoked to finally be in a state with some public lands, and ready to explore! I'll keep an eye out for events/meetups/trail rides here with this club group, and always down for a beer!

Oh, and green chile is best!

View attachment 3494985

View attachment 3494988
View attachment 3494993

Welcome to New Mexico and best wishes for copious neutron fluence having reasonable energy spread.

Thats me! If you're in the neighborhood and up for a beer and to talk shop, hit me up any day after work!

714-718-3968

Thats me! If you're in the neighborhood and up for a beer and to talk shop, hit me up any day after work!

714-718-3968
714? You're a southern California boy.

@pappy as long as you avoid 909, you're good in my book. You 805 guys make a good beer.

@pappy as long as you avoid 909, you're good in my book. You 805 guys make a good beer.
Ummm, what is wrong with the 909? I used to live in the 909, only it was the 714 back then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom