New Exhaust (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

boy, was I wrong - 4 months :bang:

IMG_5221.jpg

IMG_5222.jpg

i still have the original down pipe but the rest of the exhaust was fitted to this so it wouldn't be as easy as just throwing in the old one. i went ahead and put some extra reinforcement while i had it out.... either way, this will be last time i deal with this pipe

IMG_5225.jpg

IMG_5224.jpg

You can buy mandrel bends pretty damn cheap from Summit or Speedway. That corrugated pipe is garbage.
That and made sure the exhaust is fastened properly. That break looks like sag fatigue.

Dumb question in 3... 2...

My '84 needs an exhaust system from the manifold back. Why wouldn't I just take it to a good (lots of referrals) exhaust shop and have them weld up a new one?

The exhaust was fit to a T, no reason for it to do that other than crap metal. Like gnob said, next time I’m just getting some straight tube and elbows and build my own. The exhaust is mostly straight anyway.

My '84 needs an exhaust system from the manifold back. Why wouldn't I just take it to a good (lots of referrals) exhaust shop and have them weld up a new one?
Personally, that is exactly what I would do. Except, I would replace the manifold with a header.

That’s how I would go too for your truck. Luckily my local brake and muffler shop is owned by a Toyota truck owner who has one of the nicest modified Tacos I’ve seen, and a new Tundra. He likes working on my stuff. You need to find a guy like him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom