New cruiser owner from kelowna (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What's up everyone..
Names Rob just picked up a 93 fj80, I hear this is the place to be so here I am.. big plans for this rig to come.. I've been building and wheeling Suzuki sidekicks for many years, but as the family grows we needed something bigger.. I absolutely love this thing! Has an ome 3 inch lift already and an arb bumper that I will be getting blasted and powder coated as its a bit rusty.. got Ironman 30mm front coil spacers on way also.. this chassis is all new to me and I do all my own work so I have lots to learn..
Screenshot_20231126_195623_Gallery.jpg

Welcome!

And for those that will flame you, it is a FZJ80 with a 1FZ-FE engine. The 91-92 version is the FJ80 (with a 3F-E engine)

Ask questions, wear you big girl panties, grab your boot straps and hold on.
We'll ridicule you, call you names and push you down. Then we'll help you up and figure out the issues.

Don't take it personally, just give it back, and do searches for the things you need to know. EVERYTHING you want to do to your truck has been done by someone here.

Welcome!

And for those that will flame you, it is a FZJ80 with a 1FZ-FE engine. The 91-92 version is the FJ80 (with a 3F-E engine)

Ask questions, wear you big girl panties, grab your boot straps and hold on.
We'll ridicule you, call you names and push you down. Then we'll help you up and figure out the issues.

Don't take it personally, just give it back, and do searches for the things you need to know. EVERYTHING you want to do to your truck has been done by someone here.
This totally sounds like my place

Sidekick to a land cruiser. Two great platforms. Welcome to us helping you spend:flipoff2: your money.

Congrats!

Welcome in :flipoff2:

Nice looking rig...it's quite easy to figure this platform out in the big picture...and an amazing forum here with TONS of info and helpful tips. I tend to read through most of the threads here and always glean some good info, even if it's not something that I'm personally having an issue with, it's nice to have it in your knowledge base.

Phil's sway bar disconnects are great as pointed out above, I have them plus his HD rear sway brackets, transfer case shifter extension, and jack attachment...all great stuff developed by an enthusiast. Lots of others here too with one-off products if you go looking.

I've had mine now for a year and a half, and wheeled it several times, some for multi-day trips. Each time I go out, I find the next thing I'd like to tweak. It can get expensive, but really doesn't have to be if you are careful with your choice of mods.

My main advice right off is to plan on baselining it (lots of threads on what to look for)...the best suspension in the world won't get you out of the woods if a simple $20 fusable link or heater hose tee craps out due to age. Focus on the maintenance and age items first and it'll give you years of enjoyment! :steer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom