New 90 series Members say hi here first. Chit chat ok (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello Fellow 90 owners.
My name is Simon and I have an 1996 Toyota Prado. I've had it for around 6 years, and it's almost done 300,000km's. We've been many places together, but not enough. My wife and I use it as a touring vehicle when we can and fit it out with an RTT, fridge and other camping gear when we go exploring. Our favourite spot to date is in the Pyrenees. Cheers.

View attachment 3249715

View attachment 3249716

View attachment 3249717

View attachment 3249718
That is a lot of kit in a Prado. Well done!

Hey all - new to the forum and this is my new-to-me 96' Prado with 1kz-te. Located outside Philadelphia in Delaware!

IMG_0945.JPG

IMG_0946.JPG

Last edited:
Welcome! Fellow PA owner here!
I have the same spare wheel as well!

EDIT: Got mixed up! You're close to Philadelphia but in Delaware! D'oh 🤪.
Haha I lived in Philly for years. Back in Delaware for now though and I probably wouldn't have gotten this if I still lived in the city. Roomate has had his car stolen and I've dealt with enough vandalism with my van. o_O Looks like you may be in the Philly area as well though? I'm back and forth between Delaware and Allentown area all the time. Always down to meet up and make new friends!

Hey mate,
Welcome from AZ!,
I am shipping my 90 from Ireland to AZ and i would be interested in your OEM Factory bull-bar.
Are you interested in selling it?.
Hey thanks! I actually don't even have it at home yet LOL. Left it at my gf's parents house in the same area I bought it and waiting for LBJ's to come in... The one side looks to have OG LBJ and the other side is a Moog LBJ looking ROUGH. so was nervous about driving it 2 hours home. Going to throw the LBJ's in this weekend and get it home then I'll have a better idea if I'm going to take it off. I originally was going to take it off immediately but it actually grew on me in person.

RHD in a LHD parking lot is a challenge. I have an access card so pulling tickets and credit cards are not an issue. Other than backing up thru the booth has anybody found a long telescopic stick to wake the card at the reader? I'm only finding 2' holders on Amazon.

I always found it was narrow enough that I could reach across, once I unlatched the seatbelt and set the handbrake. Not as convenient but possible as long as you can get tight to the reader...

Hello, Greetings from Iceland.

I have these two, white one is going in the junk (engine is going in to my 2000 toyota pickup on 38s.)
They both have the 1KZT-E engine, the red is automatic trans and the white "was" a manual.

330287331_3410805795861104_7668709247083375382_n.jpg
336903636_764519121591030_5891461389957737842_n.jpg
336910726_520311633609653_3755842959233417996_n.jpg

My 2000 pickup (Hilux). LN165.
5.jpg

Not new here but this is the first pic to hit the internet of the color change. Say hello to Alfa Romeo "Verde Visconti." My windshield is on the way from Africa. Going back to the paint shop for touch ups and some more wet sanding after I reinstall all the exterior trim.

IMG_3259.jpeg

New member here from New Mexico and new owner of a Prado 95. I just picked it up a few months ago from a friend who imported it. So far I am loving it!

So far I have installed PPE vinyl wrap on the front of the vehicle, custom dash cover, and have sheepskin seat covers on order.

This has the 1KZ-TE and is running very well so far.

IMG_2440.jpeg
IMG_2441.jpeg
IMG_2442.jpeg
IMG_2443.jpeg
IMG_4742.jpg

Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening!
My friends call me Mick!
I drive a 1997 90 Series Prado TX with the 3RZFE engine in it. Looking to add a bunch of OEM parts to it, so you're probably gonna see me ask around a lot about them!
1693070008243.png

Good afternoon,

My name is Gert van Rooyen in Roswell GA, I am new: to this forum, to Toyota, to 4x4s, and JDM imports, so a noob on many different fronts. I picked up my RHD 1998 KD-KZJ95W last week in MI from a JDM dealer and drove it home to Atlanta area. The Body and interior is in good shape barring a few holes that the PO made to mount a Nav system, mechanicals seem to be in good shape with 156K Km on the odo. Since the time I reserved the vehicle at the dealer I have been researching potential problems and will start preemptively replacing or servicing the components. This forum has a very active series 90 community probably the most active from all the forums that I researched and looks like a growing number of 25yr old Prados are being imported to the US contributing to this. Looking forward to sharing knowledge and experiences with you all as I go through the process of fixing issues and hopefully some upgrades. If there is anyone from the Atlanta area shoot me a PM.

IMG_6947.jpg
IMG_6944.jpg
20230809_193259322_iOS.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom