New 90 series Members say hi here first. Chit chat ok (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Re doing your homework... well. I'm guilty of not doing that. Just bid on a 1998 impounded Prado and all I could look at were a few low res photos.
1709572230508.png

1709572251142.png

1709572269191.png

I won't know if I snagged it for a couple of weeks.

Howdy 👋 Just took delivery on my JDM 96 prado RZ here in Denver. Just a tick over 200k km, reasonably stock, fancy seat covers :)
1000002784.jpeg

1000002785.jpeg

1000002788.jpeg

1000002790.jpeg

IMG_2566.jpg.jpeg

I was pretty happy with the condition compared to others i've seen come over. Flares aren't quite paint matched but not bad. Pretty much needed nothing and so far, the only annoying things are the inclinometer backlight is out (the other two are good), the shifter is super sloppy, the oem fogs are gone, the bolsters are quite worn, oh and the timing belt light is on (however the belt is fresh). There's also some dents behind the spare tire, looks fixable with PDR, a bit odd, trying to figure out how it could have happened without more/other damage.

I had the windows tinted, a backup camera installed, and of course a radio that actually functions here in the US. I'm looking for other seat options and have a set of RS Watanabes on order. Seems like OEM 80 cushions are available everywhere, anyone know if they are compatible? Someone did the round headlight conversion, which i do like but the output is pretty sad, i'll look to upgrade those as well. I'd also like just a little more oomph at elevation (10-11k feet at times) but around town (5-6k feet) it actually tools around quite nicely.

I had a manual turbo HZJ77 a few years ago and missed it but also realized the triple locked 70 was a bit overkill for my mostly city driving. I thoroughly enjoy driving this more, especially being an automatic.

bret

Just picked up a JDM 97 Prado in California last week. Only had 80k miles and put another 1800 driving her back to Texas. No issues but had to make sure to stop every 300 miles to top off the tank. Looking forward to learning more about the Prado.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom