New 90 series Members say hi here first. Chit chat ok (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I picked up this clean, low mileage 90 this weekend. Nice to drive though it needs tires and I wish it had cruise.

C0AD4258-50FE-4E46-B6CC-77F1CEB726CB.jpeg

Hi friends,
This is my dads 1997 prado TX 1KZ-TE automatic he got in Japan and imported to Ireland were it has been for 15 years. I will be importing it to USA to stop the rust from killing it. Here are some photos.

IMG_2230.JPG

00C58281-C87F-4106-8BEB-9D1E92A3DD16.jpg

A374DCCB-72AB-4A31-BF27-19F786B7B045.jpg

A134ACCA-24DD-46EC-A470-F6927DBA3406.jpg

A75BAB0F-4845-49F3-AF57-E7D473609BA3.jpg

Last edited:
Here is the vin plate. I was just wondering if anyone has a black JDM fender mirror for a 1997 Prado TX.

1CE5FC62-B8A4-463E-BE32-DFB4E79CF920.jpg

Hey Everyone, here's my 97 TZ, that I acquired in Japan. Awaiting shipment.

3tHFhXdOdbA0hYYgYloRggaSeOXXWXv2FZ6dT8TgRPhMShHvRY1BH2BiHDWDUBWVTYX4qDS&w=320.jpeg

3tHFhXdOdbA0hYYgYloRggaSeOXXWXv2FZ6dT8TgRPhMShHvRY1BH2BiHDWDUBWVWpqJBXX&w=320.jpeg

3tHFhXdOdbA0hYYgYloRggaSeOXXWXv2FZ6dT8TgRPhMShHvRY1BH2BiHDWDUBWZEYUmXJC.jpeg

3tHFhXdOdbA0hYYgYloRggaSeOXXWXv2FZ6dT8TgRPhMShHvRY1BH2BiHDWDUBWZJPRJknM.jpeg

love this trim package with the upgraded cattle guard and BF goodrich wheels. I'd love to see the Duncan imports warehouse someday. Also - I've learned that nothing from Japan has cruise control because it is illegal there. I'm sure it could be added with some kit bashing from domestic Camry (wheel) and 4runner but I haven't tried yet.

love this trim package with the upgraded cattle guard and BF goodrich wheels. I'd love to see the Duncan imports warehouse someday. Also - I've learned that nothing from Japan has cruise control because it is illegal there. I'm sure it could be added with some kit bashing from domestic Camry (wheel) and 4runner but I haven't tried yet.
Not illegal according to the JDM 100 series in my garage.

Dual batteries and a manual diesel? Nice find. You'll love it.
Yeah, very reasonable too... surprised for a non-auction vehicle.

Just have to find a RORO shipping spot now.... 😁

Are those the Raguna/Epsilon wherls? Love them.... 2 piece wheels as well.

Are those the Raguna/Epsilon wherls? Love them.... 2 piece wheels as well.
sounds like you know more than me at this point. I'm currently dealing with an unfortunate body damage situation right now so the cruise control shot way down the priorities list.

sounds like you know more than me at this point. I'm currently dealing with an unfortunate body damage situation right now so the cruise control shot way down the priorities list.
Damn... hope it's not too drastic of damage mate...

Hi all 90 series members. Welcome to mud.

This is a great place. Your 90 series tech can be helped by people from all over the world. :)

We also have a diesel tech forum on mud, so check that out too !

Thanks Tepui :beer:
Greetings! I have a ‘96 Prado with the 3L diesel turbo. My belts are chewed up as if a pulley is going bad. Can anyone tell me compatible belts for this engine at a US retailer like NAPA or AutoZone? I see Dayco in Australia and a Pitworks from Russia. I guess a belt is a belt so long as the dimensions are correct? Are idler pulleys from this engine used on other Toyotas? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom