New 90 series Members say hi here first. Chit chat ok (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Alot! I have a problem.🤪 3-90s, HJZ75 truck, 5-Hilux trucks, Hilux surf, Delica, Hiace, 2- liteace trucks, Pajero, Nissan Mistral, and some misc cars, Aristo, Cima,Crown,etc..

37FE567A-9F93-4CB7-A828-63AA1312D8E8.jpeg

77B3E96A-D69E-4078-A5D8-FD5F4F6842D6.png

image.jpg

auctionaddict, you're basically what my wife fears I'm going to turn into. Thus I envy you.

One question- how do you like the fit of those TRD wheels on the 90? Are they reps or are they takeoffs? I had been eyeing those and wondering how they'd look.

auctionaddict, you're basically what my wife fears I'm going to turn into. Thus I envy you.

One question- how do you like the fit of those TRD wheels on the 90? Are they reps or are they takeoffs? I had been eyeing those and wondering how they'd look.
LOL thanks ! My wife just rolls her eyes.. I love them ! Real deal NOS from eBay, I have bought 3 sets from the same seller.. The 275s rub alittle at full lock

just picked up a lhd kzj90 last weekend.

E66AA138-EDC4-40F1-AC72-DF8C82601574.jpeg
B54A5E03-D05C-40A4-BEC6-FDFBAB49D3DB.jpeg

new to the 90 series, but not to landcruisers. this one's gonna be my wife's daily. not a crazy build, but fun. its a good time so far. made the trip from tx with no issues.

non-intercooled 1kz, auto trans, locking cdiff, locking rear axle. european market truck.

it didn't come with the trd wheels, had those my my stash from a saturday night marketplace score. fit perfectly on this chassis.

we'll start a thread on it once we get to digging in to do maintenance work.

--r

Great looking rig. We continue to see different variants. I didn't realize they ever shipped this truck without an IC. Cool to see all the different versions.

Wheels are a match made in LC heaven. 🥰

Great looking rig. We continue to see different variants. I didn't realize they ever shipped this truck without an IC. Cool to see all the different versions.

Wheels are a match made in LC heaven. 🥰

yes, always have loved these wheels. i'm still looking for a bronze set. would look flawless on this color. i have a full set of 5. was going to mount the spare on the door too, then i realized that i forgot to order extra lug nuts to do so... next go round. 8^)

--r

Excited to join the 90 club here in the U.S. Been using an FZJ80 as a daily driver. With gas prices and 80 series parts going through the roof, I picked up this little guy to daily drive and do some road trips while my garaged, gas guzzling 80 continues to moon in value.

How do you y'all think I did? 1997 Prado TX. $8500.00 shipped from JP, 141k miles, 1KZ-TE, Automatic. No rust on frame from all the pictures. Don't know timing belt history and will need new rims and tires, still I think it is good price. Getting here in a month or so.
1200525A30211130W00203.jpg
1200525A30211130W00204.jpg
1200525A30211130W00202.jpg

Excited to join the 90 club here in the U.S. Been using an FZJ80 as a daily driver. With gas prices and 80 series parts going through the roof, I picked up this little guy to daily drive and do some road trips while my garaged, gas guzzling 80 continues to moon in value.

How do you y'all think I did? 1997 Prado TX. $8500.00 shipped from JP, 141k miles, 1KZ-TE, Automatic. No rust on frame from all the pictures. Don't know timing belt history and will need new rims and tires, still I think it is good price. Getting here in a month or so.
Who did you buy through? That does seem like a good price, at least as best I can tell.

Sounds like a good price, relative to what they seem to command south of the border. 141k miles, or kms? If miles then I'd probably have some OEM balljoints waiting for its arrival unless there's proof they were done recently.

Timing belt is a pretty easy one.

Welcome to the club!

Who did you buy through? That does seem like a good price, at least as best I can tell.
Goo-net exchange. Very helpful salesman, but we shall see the condition when it arrives. Never have bought a car sight unseen. Given the tires and mileage, the car looks like it has only been used as a city vehicle so I feel that the chance something mechanical is broken is very low.

Sounds like a good price, relative to what they seem to command south of the border. 141k miles, or kms? If miles then I'd probably have some OEM balljoints waiting for its arrival unless there's proof they were done recently.

Timing belt is a pretty easy one.

Welcome to the club!
Miles, 228k km. Wish me luck on my 400 mile drive back from the port! I appreciate you building a FAQ for the 90. Definitely a sleeper land cruiser compared to most models.

Miles, 228k km. Wish me luck on my 400 mile drive back from the port! I appreciate you building a FAQ for the 90. Definitely a sleeper land cruiser compared to most models.
I have 3 for sale an hour from you !

What are you selling them for? I will probably daily this for the next 2 years until I graduate. I feel this car will only really start to appreciate in the next 2-3 years. Needs some time to get exposure to U.S. market.
10-16k, all have under 110k miles. The prices in japan are going up fast.

Alot! I have a problem.🤪 3-90s, HJZ75 truck, 5-Hilux trucks, Hilux surf, Delica, Hiace, 2- liteace trucks, Pajero, Nissan Mistral, and some misc cars, Aristo, Cima,Crown,etc..
All those and only 8 posts? Clearly someone isn't sharing pictures of his hoard...

Hey Everyone, I've been lurking since I bought my JDM Prado in October 2021 but just recently joined up. It's a 1996 with the 3.4L V6 in automatic transmission. Currently, after some driving, I'm about to turn over to 178,000 KMs. The rego stickers on the glass suggest that she was road legal in Japan until 2011, but it obviously was cared for indoors while idle.

I purchased it from AustinJDM.com - he is a true car nut like us, and he has a whole network in Japan (appraiser, trusted handlers, shipping deals, etc). He said it's VERY common for parts to be stolen between the auctions and the ship. He actually has 2 other 95 Prados for sale right now: another TZ auto in red/gray (with amazing paint work and the rare add-on air purifier) and a diesel 5-speed TX in gray. I paid $16,900 all-in, including TT&L. He put on new tires, basic fluid services, and detailed the interior.

It is the TZ model, so cloth interior but has the inclinometer, fake wood accents, sunroof, factory window tint, push bar, running boards, and "PRADO" rubber trunk tray. BFG K02 tires all the way around.

She is ALMOST completely rust free (just a little body damage on the left front door that has been festering the entire time it was idle.

A little clear coat fading in the usual Land Cruiser places that I plan to address before the Texas summer cooks a clear coat restoration into the need for an entire paint job.

Currently have added front and rear dash cam and the PIAA LED driving lights in my photo, and replaced the stock radio with a stock replacement for functioning cassette and CD player. I have also added a 3.5 mm audio jack/USB charging port combo.
Mechanically, I have done the transfer case/Dif oil changes.

I love My Prado and look forward to learning from you all!

Image from iOS - 2022-03-11T132649.541.jpg

Image from iOS - 2022-03-11T132646.934.jpg

Image from iOS - 2022-03-11T132651.774.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom