NEW 80 Series Multigauge Clock Replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looking forward to that option being added.

With a 4 perimeter display
Outside Temp
Trans Temp
Coolant Temp
EGT or Boost (to be determined later)

This makes for a really desirable addition IMHO. Especially if it can read and clear codes on top of everything.

I won't promise code reading. It's a feature that I may add through a software update in the future, but won't happen anytime soon if I add it. I have a lot of other fish to fry currently. You could always use a phone with the provided dongle or a regular scanner.

This is mandatory IMO. Otherwise I can just get a scanguage for 1/3 the price. Granted, yours is a much more elegant solution and would be the clear winner with above mentioned add-ons.
If you need to scan codes often, a scangauge is a good choice.

Boost and egt for a 1hdt is all I want and I’d be down for
One of these

I have an external gauge only kit live for the diesel guys. Link below:

I have an external gauge only kit live for the diesel guys. Link below:
Mine is rhd pre obdII I’m just about to order

77F5F85F-6C49-4472-B17F-CBABC3A79A78.jpeg

I don’t think it will work in my dash I just realized ?

Introducing the Lutz Auto Multigauge system for 95-97 FZJ80s.

This completely plug and play multi-gauge is available for 95-97 FZJ80/LX450 with 1FZFE Gasoline engines. This is a full featured OBD2 compatible touch screen gauge system that replaces the factory clock. This product is plug and play and uses a simple Bluetooth OBD2 dongle to transmit OBD2 data wirelesly to the screen. What makes this different from other OBD2 gauges is that it ALSO accepts external sensors and includes a built in inclinometer!! Forget all of the separate gauges, gauge pods and multitude of wiring that goes along with them cluttering up your dash.

Trans Temp and Oil Pressure are NOT transmitted over OBD2 in the FZJ80/LX450. Our kit has additional inputs for these sensors (additional sensor kits sold separately). Transmission temp is very important for pulling grades or towing. In addition to transmission temperature, we also offer oil pressure, exhaust gas temperature, and boost as external gauge packages.

This multi-gauge accepts wireless updates that use no special software. Any device with a web browser can install updates while the product is installed in the dash! No internet or wires needed. In the future, we can easily provide more features or improvements which can simply be flashed into the unit.

Don't like the blatant Lutz Auto branding on the splash screen? No problem, you can change the startup screen to any image you want by inserting a micro SD card with a custom splash screen that can be created in any image editor (even MS Paint).

**Note this device does not actually have a clock... adding a clock makes things more complicated and we chose to leave the clock out. Most people have a clock on the stereo and won't miss the original time piece.

Features:

Plug and Play (no wire cutting needed)
OBD2 Live Data via Bluetooth (see below)
Optional External Gauges (see below)
Inclinometer
Backlight dims automatically when headlights are turned on
OBD2 dongle sleeps after 30min of inactivity and will not drain battery
Full featured settings with ability to change units etc.

Whats in the Box:
  • Multigauge touch screen clock replacement unit
  • OBD2 Bluetooth Dongle
  • Detailed instructions
OBD2 Live data gauges:
  • RPM
  • Coolant Temp
  • Intake Air Temp
  • MAF sensor reading
  • Engine Load Vehicle
  • Speed (calibratable for larger tires/gearing)
  • Timing Advance
  • Throttle Position
  • Short Term Fuel Trim
  • Long Term Fuel Trim
Optional Extra Gauge Inputs (Gauge Kits Sold Separately):
  • Transmissin Temp
  • Oil Pressure (Coming Soon)
  • Exhaust Gas Temp (Any quality K-Type Thermocouple EGT Sender will work)
  • Boost (Coming Soon)
  • 1 extra for possible expansion

NOTE: Please choose either left hand or right hand drive option. The hardware is the same, but the screen will be flipped 180 degrees in the firmware. The firmware can be changed via wireless update at anytime if changing from RHD to LHD for some reason.

Warnings/Disclaimer:

• Do not operate the unit while driving
  • Operating this Multigauge screen while driving could lead to accidents and serious injuries. As with all other vehicle gauges or instruments, this unit should be used and viewed only when safe to do so. The automobile driver’s attention should always be focused on safe driving.
  • This product is to be used as a reference only and the readings are not to be relied upon for accuracy. Lutz Auto is not responsible for any miscalibration or issues resulting from incorrect readings.
This has to be one the dopest tech pieces for the FZJ-80, like ever…

I have a 92 3FE - you guys should make a kit that allows for 3FE owners to just mod their whole setup straight to gauge sensors.

Awesome work!

This has to be one the dopest tech pieces for the FZJ-80, like ever…

I have a 92 3FE - you guys should make a kit that allows for 3FE owners to just mod their whole setup straight to gauge sensors.

Awesome work!
I am working on an early dash, extern gauge only setup. Replaces the clock and is a bit simpler. It'll be a while before it's ready though.

You asked for feedback on the displays - check out this guy’s work designing similar displays… you could make things a lot more attractive and functional:

2CA0801E-E9F8-4419-8571-7390CA2DD25D.jpeg

@Lutz Auto - Do you have a video or more pictures of this unit installed? Couldn't find much online yet... Night shots would be great too, I worry about brightness when it comes to screens.

Another sensor input option that I think would be very useful and easy to do would be the output of AEM's Wideband controller (https://www.aemelectronics.com/prod.../x-series-inline-wideband-uego-afr-controller). It has a simple 5v analog output that can do AFR/Lambda for:
  • 0-5V Output Gasoline values from 8.5:1 to 18.0:1 AFR
  • 0-5V Output Lambda values from .58 to 1.23
  • 0-5V Output E85 values from 5.7:1 to 12.0:1 AFR
  • 0-5V Output Ethanol values from 5.2:1 to 11.0:1 AFR
  • 0-5V Output Methanol values from 3.75:1 to 8.0:1 AFR
A screen dedicated to boost & AFR (instead of EGT) would be really awesome for the 1FZ-FTE guys :) - I would buy in a heartbeat if it had this.

@haulin auss

It is funny you mention this. I originally had an extra pin that I planned to use for this exact purpose - an AEM wideband 0-5V. There didn't seem to be a lot of demand for it, but people seemed to want outside temp, so I did that instead. If there seems to become a demand for the wideband, I may re-explore it.

@haulin auss

It is funny you mention this. I originally had an extra pin that I planned to use for this exact purpose - an AEM wideband 0-5V. There didn't seem to be a lot of demand for it, but people seemed to want outside temp, so I did that instead. If there seems to become a demand for the wideband, I may re-explore it.
That would be the deciding factor for me, definitely keep us posted 👍

@haulin auss

This would make this gauge perfect for me and every other turbo 1FZ owner. Do it and consider my order placed.

This would make this gauge perfect for me and every other turbo 1FZ owner. Do it and consider my order placed.
I'd welcome a solution to get the gauge off my steering column and integrated where the clock is (that I never use).

Alright, if you can get a 10 person group buy, I'll write it in and build 10 that support the AEM wideband 0-5V signal. PM me if you want one and I will start a list. Please don't PM unless you 100% want one. It will take some time to complete so make sure that your full in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom