NEW 80 Series Multigauge Clock Replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Lutz Auto

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Introducing the Lutz Auto Multigauge system for 95-97 FZJ80s.

This completely plug and play multi-gauge is available for 95-97 FZJ80/LX450 with 1FZFE Gasoline engines. This is a full featured OBD2 compatible touch screen gauge system that replaces the factory clock. This product is plug and play and uses a simple Bluetooth OBD2 dongle to transmit OBD2 data wirelesly to the screen. What makes this different from other OBD2 gauges is that it ALSO accepts external sensors and includes a built in inclinometer!! Forget all of the separate gauges, gauge pods and multitude of wiring that goes along with them cluttering up your dash.

Trans Temp and Oil Pressure are NOT transmitted over OBD2 in the FZJ80/LX450. Our kit has additional inputs for these sensors (additional sensor kits sold separately). Transmission temp is very important for pulling grades or towing. In addition to transmission temperature, we also offer oil pressure, exhaust gas temperature, and boost as external gauge packages.

This multi-gauge accepts wireless updates that use no special software. Any device with a web browser can install updates while the product is installed in the dash! No internet or wires needed. In the future, we can easily provide more features or improvements which can simply be flashed into the unit.

Don't like the blatant Lutz Auto branding on the splash screen? No problem, you can change the startup screen to any image you want by inserting a micro SD card with a custom splash screen that can be created in any image editor (even MS Paint).

**Note this device does not actually have a clock... adding a clock makes things more complicated and we chose to leave the clock out. Most people have a clock on the stereo and won't miss the original time piece.

Features:

Plug and Play (no wire cutting needed)
OBD2 Live Data via Bluetooth (see below)
Optional External Gauges (see below)
Inclinometer
Backlight dims automatically when headlights are turned on
OBD2 dongle sleeps after 30min of inactivity and will not drain battery
Full featured settings with ability to change units etc.

Whats in the Box:
  • Multigauge touch screen clock replacement unit
  • OBD2 Bluetooth Dongle
  • Detailed instructions
OBD2 Live data gauges:
  • RPM
  • Coolant Temp
  • Intake Air Temp
  • MAF sensor reading
  • Engine Load Vehicle
  • Speed (calibratable for larger tires/gearing)
  • Timing Advance
  • Throttle Position
  • Short Term Fuel Trim
  • Long Term Fuel Trim
Optional Extra Gauge Inputs (Gauge Kits Sold Separately):
  • Transmissin Temp
  • Oil Pressure (Coming Soon)
  • Exhaust Gas Temp (Any quality K-Type Thermocouple EGT Sender will work)
  • Boost (Coming Soon)
  • 1 extra for possible expansion

NOTE: Please choose either left hand or right hand drive option. The hardware is the same, but the screen will be flipped 180 degrees in the firmware. The firmware can be changed via wireless update at anytime if changing from RHD to LHD for some reason.

Warnings/Disclaimer:

• Do not operate the unit while driving
  • Operating this Multigauge screen while driving could lead to accidents and serious injuries. As with all other vehicle gauges or instruments, this unit should be used and viewed only when safe to do so. The automobile driver’s attention should always be focused on safe driving.
  • This product is to be used as a reference only and the readings are not to be relied upon for accuracy. Lutz Auto is not responsible for any miscalibration or issues resulting from incorrect readings.

Last edited:
EGT and boost for a 1HDFT 80? Sign me up!

@bottombracket

So, it will do egt and boost for the 1hd ft with the external sensors, but obviously all of the obd2 gauges will not work. Email me and I can put together a good package for an FT.

We are also have the same unit for use with a 1HD FTE in an 80. That will have obd2 working. It just needs a little testing.

Sales@Lutzauto.com

Pretty cool

will it display codes as well?
got a pic of the inclinometer?

We are working on displaying codes and plan to have this as a future update, but it is a big task so may not happen in the very near future.

There is a picture on the web page that shows all of the screens. I am very open to any aesthetic critiques on the menus or other displays.

nice. I assume this would be included in a software update for current owners? would be nice to not have to pull this reader just to attach another whenever your 80 throws a code (often).

Yes, the upgrade would be a free wireless update, so it would be easy and painless.

OMG, this is exactly what i need. I've been looking at various gauge solutions to display Boost/EGT on 1HD-FT and i don't like any of them.

I have correct HDJ80 wiring in my 80 series, so it has no OBD2 port. I dont really need to monitor any of the things that OBD2 can transmit anyway, however i do need boost, EGT and preferably outside temperature. Is it possible to set up the unit to display those 3 things?

Hi @TurboDennis

All of these things are possible. I will have to think about outside temp, but we could likely use the trans temp sender if you don't want that.

There seems to be a lot of interest in the 1hd/ft crowd. Maybe we should do a non obd2 version of the kit. Shoot me an email at Sales@lutzauto.com and we will get something together.

Is this a set it and forget it type of thing? Like will it keep its display memory and connection every time it's shut off? I have an android head unit that does most of this, but I have to go through the menus and set the display up everytime I stop at a gas station so I don't even bother with it anymore.

@JaketheSSnake

This is absolutely a set it and forget it type thing. It will start up right where it left off and auto connect in under 5 seconds. The dongle stays plugged in all the time and won't drain the battery.

The above features, the external wire-in gauges (like trans temp), and factory looks are really what make this stand out when comparing to an app on a phone or stereo.

Hi @TurboDennis

All of these things are possible. I will have to think about outside temp, but we could likely use the trans temp sender if you don't want that.

There seems to be a lot of interest in the 1hd/ft crowd. Maybe we should do a non obd2 version of the kit. Shoot me an email at Sales@lutzauto.com and we will get something together.
Are you still selling these? I sent you an email a few days ago but haven't heard back.

Are you still selling these? I sent you an email a few days ago but haven't heard back.
Hi,

I just looked and couldn't find your email. Usually I am pretty fast with email responses. We are definitely still selling these. I had an order of parts that had a defect, so I went out of stock this week, but will likely be in stock by Monday. If you'd like to reserve one, let me know.

Email:
Sales@LutzAuto.com

This is really cool.

Question. Since it uses OBD2, is it limited to 1FZ-FE engines? Might it work with a LS engine from a swap? I am doing an LS swap sooner than later...hopefully sooner...lol

@kbellve

If it has an OBD2 port, The software could be modified to work. I would be interested in trying to do one on an LS swap.

@kbellve

If it has an OBD2 port, The software could be modified to work. I would be interested in trying to do one on an LS swap.
Do you provide the source code for the firmware for the ESP32-WROOM? Github? I can't tell from your website. I have been known to code a thing or two...and could help make it work with a LS swap. LS swap is a spring/summer project for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom