New 406 Club Officers... info and nominations (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi there 406 Cruisers!

It has been a ton of fun getting to help lead the 406 Cruisers over the past 3+ years but my time to step away and let some other members move us forward has come! This thread is designed to help shed some light on what it might look like to help lead the 406 Cruiser Club forward in the coming months and years.

The current people/positions are:

President: Drew @REZARF
Vice President: Currently Empty (was LAX for YEARS!)
Treasurer: Matt @90WT
Webmaster: Mike @nohermosa
Email and Club Calendar: Chris @CCRider
General Contractor/do it all when needed: Chris @MTsoul
Secretary: Currently Empty
Land Use Coordinator: Mark Boyd @406Camper
TLCA Delegate: Currently Empty

After our annual Member BBQ next month myself, Matt and Mark will all transition off the board leaving only Chris and Chris at the helm. This gives YOU an opportunity to jump in and shape the direction of the club. Any member can jump in and help.

I am hoping the following will give folks an idea of what to expect:
  • The board usually meets once a month over a beer or meal to look at the calendar and plan upcoming events, meetings and trail rides.
  • Besides the actual 406 Meetings I would suggest allowing for 2-3 hours more of your time per month to help lead. It's not a big time killer.
  • I would suggest committing for 2 years ish (not set in stone) for a term, this allows enough time to get to know the system and enjoy the ride.
  • We try to have at least 1 board member at each event/meeting. Everyone isn't expected at everything. We can work with your schedule.
  • Perks!?
    • Getting to hang with Cruiserheads once more a month over a meal.
    • Getting to pick which trails we run and when.
    • Deciding on meeting spaces and content.
    • The awe and respect of your fellow Cruiser heads. Ok, kidding. It is an easy club to run, I haven't experienced any whiners or drama...
    • Networking with vendors and other people around town to make the club a cool thing to be a part of.
    • Could look good on your resume' for volunteer hours and leadership.
That's it! There really isn't much to it, Steven and the OG crew did a great job getting the club rolling, we've strived to make it fun too. We are excited to see what is next! I will stick around long enough to help the new crew get their feet under them (likely until the end of 2023), but it is time for others to help get this club a little down the trail.

Please feel free to PM me with questions, nominations and or general concerns.

Please use THIS thread to ask general questions or if you would like to help but don't care where... just post up. We won't make anyone commit for showing interest, but it'd be cool if folks who could help speak up and get some momentum going. If you think someone would do a good job at a certain position, hit them up... and then nominate them for a position. They can politely decline or accept!

We will vote the new crew in at the annual BBQ next month. That is also our meeting for the month of September.

This is a great car club with a good history AND future. It has been a blast to be a part of!

I want to take a moment to say thank you to Drew, Matt, Mark, Lax, and everyone else who has stepped up to make the club what it is today. I spent a bit of time as the club Secretary before my schedule filled up with being a new parent and some complications. I really enjoyed being part of planning club activities and the social aspect of getting together to talk about something we're all interested and invested in. If you have a few open spaces in your schedule, being an officer in this club can be a lot of fun.

In a year or two, once my daughter gets a bit older, this is something I do want to get involved in again.

I have found it to be really enjoyable too Seth. We have a cool car club going, all the hard work is done, now it's just fun to make happen.

Not to hijack the thread but did the club have any plans for national public lands day sept 23rd? I’d be happy to drive my gambler trok out and clean up trash but these things are always more fun with friends. And I’m slightly worried I might need help getting home after what happened to my last gambler up at the flats. Just a thought

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom