Builds Nemesis - a deviant undertaking underway (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thx, J...back in 4 days. I'll buzz u after we decompress. It's abt to b crazy time - Mel gave me the green light on 'whatever I need to do to finish the 60...". Woo hoo:)

Clearly you did something right....talk about a keeper. (poor girl has no idea what insanity she's unleashed with those words).

Congratulations, beautiful pix....and nice ass-grab in that last one. :beer:

Congrats first and foremost on the marriage and on adding a new member to the 60 series family.

Congrats on the wedding Shane, beautiful spot, love the mountains in the background.

Well done, Shane. Congratulations.

Thanks for the well-wishes, congrats, and kind words, guys. Mel's awesome and while she has officially taken the plunge into the 60 world, she's been a stealth player as long as I've been around, hehe.

Immediate plans: Finish the projects that I've already started - axles, gas tank, brakes, etc.

Future plans: Going to actually PLAN this time. Primary focus will be the motor and perhaps a little overlap with the axles/brakes. Interior and paint are pretty much solidified but again, motor is taking priority.

Here's a few more shots of our time in Peru:

And of course, had to rent a Hilux for a few days =)

Haven't really had much time to work on the 60 since returning from Peru. Work & family is a reality & a priority but. . .found a little time this weekend to put my bumpers on:

Ordered/rec'd a bunch of new parts. Have a couple of custom parts in the works. And slowly working on the plans for the engine swap. Hoping my August work/family will settle down and the 60 work can start full-speed again. Talk to you guys soon. . .

Shane

Review of J's bumpers:

After receiving the f/r bumpers from J, I sent them off to be powder coated. Then they sat in my storage container from. . .I don't know, 6 months? Project after project kept getting in the way but finally. . .installed those mofo's this past weekend.

I've read horror stories about bumper installs but I'm here to tell you this: Jason's bumpers went on like they were made from the factory. I mean that in the literal sense. Rear bumper install time was less than 30 mins; front was less than 20 mins. I did the rear first - you know, I"m an ass man all the way - and the bumper rails slid easily into the frame rails, check. Got underneath with bolts in hand and WTF. . .the bumper holes lined up with the frame holes PERFECTLY. I didn't have to adjust, drill, and/or manipulate anything. Next came the swing outs and again, easy as pie. Front bumper was just as easy as the mounting holes lined up 100% and made it just as easy as the rear (that's what she said).

As many of you know, I'm not exactly a mechanically-oriented guy. I'm learning, slowly, but many of these projects are both intimidating and frustrating to me. Jason's bumpers were the opposite. Yes, I understand it's not the same as a dash project or a motor swap, but the fact that the prep instructions matched the final product was amazing. Aside from the aesthetic quality of the bumpers, the build quality and ease of installation makes J's bumpers easily worth twice what I paid. That's my opinion - fit/function are worth a premium to me and something I've always been willing to pay for without hesitation.

Build quality: Un-fxxxing-believable. A+
Ease of mounting: Un-fxxxing-belivable. A+
Aesthetics: Manly, tough, run-u-the-****-over strong. A+
Recommendation: See above review.

Shane

Links for J's products:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/members/reevesci.66052/

http://www.trail-tailor.com

Scrubbed, degreased & prepped the area where the old gas tank resided. Will do one final prep at some point this week, then POR-15 and rubberize. Hope to have the new tank installed soon afterwards.

Also started prepping for pulling the axle housings. Acquired 4 3x3' steel plates and jack stands. I'm thinking 2-3 weeks and axle housing will be off to be R&R's with the new ones.

I'll grab pics next time I'm at the shop...

ps - about to put some very difficult to find OEM parts on the chopping block. I'll PM the 'usual suspects' when I've gathered the parts.

Word.

Last edited:
You know that saying, "Getting caught with your pants down"?

Well, here's one for you:

**** me running backwards!

I too am looking for the upper lift gate grommets. I think a creative alternative or improvised approach may be the answer.

The interim fix on one side was a hose sleeve for protection. I was able to use old grommets. The other has no grommets....yet.

Picture of hillbilly fix.
uploadfromtaptalk1434921489582.jpg

I too am looking for the upper lift gate grommets. I think a creative alternative or improvised approach may be the answer.

The hillbilly fix above is pretty good. S, you might remember when you wanted to get into a bidding war on those part for the upper hatch. Those were never sold separately I guess, only as part of the harness that is NLA. Only option is to find some used ones. Mine were completely missing

The hillbilly fix above is pretty good. S, you might remember when you wanted to get into a bidding war on those part for the upper hatch. Those were never sold separately I guess, only as part of the harness that is NLA. Only option is to find some used ones. Mine were completely missing

I know where a new set is... HA! I have an extra set of used ones Shane. They are a 7 of 10 IMO.

J

I know where a new set is... HA! I have an extra set of used ones Shane. They are a 7 of 10 IMO.

J

Ha! Knew there was no way the NOS was leaving your mitts...awesome that you have another set of used ones. Shane, the parts Gods smile on you once again!.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom