Builds Nemesis - a deviant undertaking underway (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Love when a business owner stands behind his work. Inspected the 60 this AM, few discrepancies, nothing major - few imperfections in the sound/heat coating on the inside roof, left side snake blinder holes not completed, really minute but nonetheless important details. Went back this evening just to shoot the s*** with the owner, holes welded and heat/sound stripped from noted areas, starting reapplication tomorrow.

I've seen a few threads on different paint jobs and comparing costs/work/etc, I'm feeling pretty good at the moment. Went from 25-28K to 32K real quick but that was all me - adding the taillight job, welding holes, modifying the side marker lights, etc., oh. . .and changing the color not once, not twice but three friggin times. I'm comfortable with talking to the owner if the final product isn't to expectations and having someone who takes pride/stands behind their work makes all the difference in the world.

Grabbed a few plastic shipping pallets today - 48x40 @ $15/each! Going to start itemizing parts, labeling boxes and getting these heavy mofo's to J's shop.

So. . .went MIA for a while. Although I've been through cycles like this previously, each setback never ceases to surprise me.

We all know I may or may not have a few MH issues - don't we all from time to time - so just to clarify: I didn't do it, wasn't anywhere near him/her/it when X happened, and I'm not crazy b/c my mother had me tested=)

Past few months, been at the VA more times than I can count. Prior to the MVA (below), been dealing with some serious health issues. Knocked me for a loop initially but regrouped and stuck with my initial plan of attack - to live and enjoy what I have while I have it, period.

On top of the health FUBAR, totaled my truck 12 August. Unlicensed but insured driver ran a stop sign, I t-boned him, and the rest of that story will have to be told over a campfire. This MVA, despite wrecking my entire left side of my body, causing an exasperation of RAD, mild concussion, and some other fun/interesting/scary symptoms. . .likely saved my life on another front. CT scan caught a rapid growth of a previously stable right lung nodule. Follow-up scan next month, if I'm lucky - which the VA is 99% sure I'm REAL lucky - right upper lobectomy is curative. I'd call that winning the fcuking lottery. Have a few more scary months ahead of me but I favor challenges, personal or otherwise. And one fcuking fire at a time.

Now, moving on to the good stuff. . .

IMG_6239.jpeg
IMG_6240.jpeg
IMG_6241.jpeg
IMG_6242.jpeg
IMG_6243.jpeg

Last edited:
Interior cleaned and resprayed both sound & heat barriers. Hood, upper & lower hatches, firewall, interior side of doors sound & heat treated. Dark Emerald Green Metallic (paint code: G6N) initial coats put down on pulled parts. Interior of body getting sprayed this week. Exterior scheduled for the following week.

BodyWork_Oct2023IMG_6281.jpg

BodyWork_Oct2023IMG_6282.jpg

BodyWork_Oct2023IMG_6300.jpg

BodyWork_Oct2023IMG_6290.jpg

BodyWork_Oct2023IMG_6293.jpg

Where to start this one. . .

**** it is my general attitude at the moment. I'm always down to rise to the challenge, overcome whatever, dig my heels in, work, help those around me. But today for the first time in my life, I'm done. Although I'm 99.9% confident this is the toll on my body/mind talking at the moment, it's nonetheless a foreign feeling to think as such and the sense of defeat. . .couldn't have seen this even if I had eyes in the back of my head.

I don't attend support group meetings and not really one to burden those close to me with cry me a river complaints, so I'm airing my s*** out here. Not looking for sympathy or handouts, just venting, much appreciated.

Shot, stabbed, concussions/TBI, broken bones, herniated discs, fractured xverse processes, radiculopathy, paraesthesia, PTSD, punctured lung, ruptured spleen, ruptured appendix, fractured jaw, fractured hand bones, fractured ribs, fractured sternum, fractured foot bones, blown knees, dislocated shoulders - I've handled everything thrown my way with a smile and determination to push harder, strive to be better, help those not as fortunate as myself.

Placed on mandatory medical leave since April, every month no answers. . .stopped asking when, just focused on the wtf is going on with my body.

Hearing possible COVID stroke, right upper lobectomy, thoracic block requiring possible left 1st rib removal and vessel reconstruction, C/T spine MRI's pending to determine if spine surgery is needed to halt/slow progression of upper extremity weakness & atrophy, all while continuing to rule out MS/LGD related to progressing neuro inconsistencies. . .kinda took the wind out of me today.

I also know you have to play the cards you're dealt, just need a few days to process this. . .and just as I tell everyone else facing an uphill battle - boots on and gear the **** up, time to work.

As soon as I get home, going to do a HERO dose of psilocybin and center my pansy complaining ass back to zero.

Squad, dismissed. . .

@BurntToast - much appreciated. I think the peace will come if/when I am able to accept a much shorter ride than I expected, and knowing my personality, not sure if it's something I'll be able to fully wrap my head around and accept. And maybe that's the line I need to strive for at the moment - being able to put acceptance to the side and focus on what I have for the time I have, if that makes sense.

As soon as I get home tomorrow, going to start working on the 60 again, distraction therapy at its best. A few more small but important pieces to put together. Actually thought about calling it quits a couple of weeks ago but that was the frustration getting the best of me. Going to see this thru and complete this 10+ yr project. One step at a time. . .

Hurry up!! We are awaiting to see the progress and finished project.

Meeeeeeeee f'n toooooooo! Everything is pretty much waiting on body. Frame, driveline, custom parts at J's shop and waiting on her arrival. Few more parts to send J's way when she's finally shipped. A full year behind schedule!

Why not go with OEM option?

Curious about the pricing difference

Why not go with OEM option?

Curious about the pricing difference

It's all in the details. J's been hitting the stratosphere with his builds and his one-offs; to match other aspects of this build. Plus, I like the idea of never having to replace something.

Pricing - compared to the OEM plastic pieces, I'm sure they'll be astronomically more expensive buying individual sets. Hoping a group buy pricing might make them somewhat more affordable if others want the same.

It's all in the details. J's been hitting the stratosphere with his builds and his one-offs; to match other aspects of this build. Plus, I like the idea of never having to replace something.

Pricing - compared to the OEM plastic pieces, I'm sure they'll be astronomically more expensive buying individual sets. Hoping a group buy pricing might make them somewhat more affordable if others want the same.
J's builds quality and future replacement issues are certainly valid. Thanks.... (I was gonna say..Shane, answer the question!)..😉

Nothing's ever easy, is it?

Contacted Ring Brothers and requested ability to purchase a set of their HRE designed wheels. Should have an answer in a week or two.

Went to the body shop today and officially have a hard completion date - 12/20!

Called shipping company, pleasantly surprised with enclosed shipping quote and timeline to p/u and d/o.

IMG_6721.jpg
IMG_6719.jpg

k5 bully wheel1.jpg

S:C Whipple Color Choice.jpg

IMG_6710.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom