Negative or 0 wheel offset with flares? 200 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I want a nice fat stance on my 200 series without having tyre rubbing issues (some minor cosmetic trimming will probably be needed though)

I’m wondering what wheel off set is the limit on these, what people are running with flares? and if any major changes are required when using a wheel with 0 or negative offset.

Suspension is currently stock but plan to upgrade it and add 2” of lift.

Was thinking of getting cut snake flares (50mm) then running a 17x9 rim with either -12 or 0 offset. And keeping the tyre size stock at 285/65/17 (maybe even slightly smaller 275 or something if needed for clearance)

@timjax is running zero offset, no flairs

+20 offset on 11.5” wide wheels just barely stuffs into the wheel well when driving straight.

if you go with 0 offset I would think you would need to roll/stretch or cut the fenders in order to fit. Otherwise on a big bounce on the highway you’re risking slicing the tires with the fender and also smashing up your fenders.

YMMV of course

OP I'm running 0 offset, check the build thread in my signature for some pictures. IMO on-road it doesn't warrant adding flares and if it did I'd pay to change that as I hate most flares I've seen. Off-road with mud you will throw some pebbles and dirt around just a little bit more but I've fully articulated the truck plenty now and it stuffs fine with the tires I use. IMO it works perfectly if you do the typical rubbing adjustments everyone makes but is on the aggressive end of what would work perfectly, any further and you've got flares and fenders to address for sure. I can't see any reason to go there myself.

Each person has slightly different use cases/or aesthetics they are solving for, I like my set up and it works great. That being said those wheels came on my truck when I purchased it and if I were to buy a new wheel it would be the one @mcgaskins has ended up with which look better to me and are just slightly less aggressive at a +25 offset I believe. I think I might be able to go up a 1/2" in tire size if I did that slight decrease in offset.

D0ED9A9E-55DC-4DEC-8F2A-5E1AC6C19412.jpeg
Put some fatties on there boss man

Zero offset, KO2 35s and 4.5” bds tundra lift.

CBECD99F-C5E0-46DA-8CB1-77B158DFFC5A.jpeg

@timjax is running zero offset, no flairs

Yep: 17x8.5 +0 on 285/70R17 (33's). Stock suspension aside from the OEM Toyota front coil spacer which gives about .79" of front lift. Pushed the fender liner forward, trimmed the mud flaps, trimmed the rocker panel corner, and sawed off the rocker panel bracket. -12 offset would be a bit crazy, I would say 0 offset is the limit and that +18 to +25 or so is the "safe" limit.
compressed 4.jpg
compressed 3.jpg
1612074692203.png

@Prime and @drftsub are even more ballsy, running 35's on 0 offset. Few more builds above as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom