Needed: 40 series gas tank (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
During the recovery of my stolen FJ we pulled-ripped the skid bars protecting the gas tank (stock tank in a unique undermount location) into the tank making a neat hole. I'd prefer to replace it rather than try to patch, but if anyone knows an expert at this kind of repair in the Tucson area I'd be willing to check that out.
In the meantime, does anyone have a tank for sale? My crusier is a '74.

Thanks-

Try this place. There is a guy who is associated with the shop (his work area is inside the "Precision Engineering compound") that does fuel tank work (he does lots of motorcycle tanks). He was unable to salvage my old tank (it was too far gone), but if you just need a clean hole in your tank repaired, he can probably do it.

They are on Grant - South Side very close to I-10.

Call the shop, and ask for the guy who does fuel tanks. They will know him.

Precision Engineering

815 W Grant Rd Tucson, AZ 85705-5306
3.97 miles from the center of Tucson, AZ
(520) 795-5594

Last edited:
You live in Tucson and you do not know Tim Hill? Last time I was at his place in Avra Valley he had a couple dozen 40 tanks of varying heritage. Try giving him a call.
Cell: 240-3757.

If you need someone to throw an eyeball on a tank, I work just down the road from Tim and can stop by (I kinda like going there to chat anyway).

If you need someone to throw an eyeball on a tank, I work just down the road from Tim and can stop by (I kinda like going there to chat anyway).

Its kinda hard to just "stop by" and visit Mr. Hill....it usually is a loooooong and rewarding conversation!

Its kinda hard to just "stop by" and visit Mr. Hill....it usually is a loooooong and rewarding conversation!

:lol:Yep, some of the best loooong and rewarding conversations I've had..:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom