need RT assistance on a 4 speed tranny (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 60 4 speed and I'm stuck in reverse. I've pulled the gear shift lever out and here is what it looks like-

IMGP0822.jpg

to quote another mudder he said:

Take the shift lever out and look inside the top cover (with a flashlight) at the shift rod slots. There are 3 of them and all 3 slots have to line up straight across. Use a large screw driver or a pry bar to line them up. When they ae all in line, put the lever back in and check it.

What do I need to do to realign it?

Thanks all-

Looks like the left and center shift rails are in the neutral position. the right rail is reverse and it needs to move downward. The round piece is a spring loaded plunger, so just put a large flat blade screwdriver up against the end of it, push it to the right a little, and then pull the whole rail down so that plunger is aligned with the center of the other two rails. You may have to push in the clutch or put the transfer case in neutral so there is no load on the gears. Then replace shifter so that it moves OK leffty-righty across the neutral section. You should feel the spring resistance when you lean it into reverse. Should be good to go. HTH John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom