need help on axle rebuild kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is a '69 fj-40 with this axle and disc brakes on the front. i do not know what kit to buy. Help me out and thanks alot!!!!

here are the pics

Last edited:
79+ fj40, 60, 62 or mini truck(up thru 85) I think is what you need. those are Aisan hubs on there right?

hubs

i think they are warn hubs not sure though ill check tomorrow night.

but you think the rebuild kit is right though?

thanks
spence

non vented rotors means its a mini truck conversion , all landcruiser disk brakes have vented rotors

those are asin hubs for sure

You might PM Cruiser Dan. See the Vender section. He was able to get parts for my 77, plus a 25% discount for mud members. Then you get OEM Toyota parts from someone who knows.

The fine details don't really matter. There are three major versions of the Landcruiser axle (as we know it)... Drum (E-9/75), Disc (9/75-90), 80 Series. As long as you have Toyota disc brakes (regardless of your axle housing vintage), you are good to go (Cruiser Outfitters part# FA7590, $87). It comes with the shims for both the 9/75-78 axle and the bgger 79 & later. All of the parts are the same beween Cruiser and Mini-Truck disc brake set-ups.

:D

thanks

man you guys are awesome, i will be calling today!!

SPence

and its a nice kit Kurt has, I used it on my 82 fj40.

cruiseroutfit said:
The fine details don't really matter. There are three major versions of the Landcruiser axle (as we know it)... Drum (E-9/75), Disc (9/75-90), 80 Series. As long as you have Toyota disc brakes (regardless of your axle housing vintage), you are good to go (Cruiser Outfitters part# FA7590, $87). It comes with the shims for both the 9/75-78 axle and the bgger 79 & later. All of the parts are the same beween Cruiser and Mini-Truck disc brake set-ups.

:D

sweet

Im waiting now!!!!!

Long day at the shop.

Last edited:
1969cruzer said:
Im waiting now!!!!!

Long day at the shop.

Hahaha, good to see :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom