Na$ty a$$ oil leak (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

[edit] OK I've updated to remove the help out needy super charged, water/methonal injected santa cause.

However I still standby the donation to Woody's mud cause. This site has been a good friend and reference over the past 6 months.

:cheers:

R

PLEASE, don't do it.

If you want to direct funds, there's a boatload of people without a place to live or something to eat. PLEASE help these folks instead, really.

D-

Dan,

That plug going is just too weird. Could it be a sympton and not a cause?

Hate to even put the thought out there, but is there a way for cylinder compression to leak into that oil path? Headgasket? Cracked cylinder? Cracked head?

Before you tear into it, would a compression test make sense?

Blow out the plug, then blow through a gasket. That doesn't sound like something that happens under "normal" conditions.

Just some thoughts FWIW.

Ed

Caddilac's 4.1-4.9L motors all had the same problem, except theirs was a threaded plug. It was behind the cam gear and it would back out and fall in the oil pan. In their case the oil pressure would drop to nothing as a 1/2 hole was introduced in the high pressure side of the distribution passages.

I'm sure we'll find out in a couple of weeks. ;)

Cdude,
Sorry to hear about that. Can't even think of anything funny to say.

Good luck.

Could have been worse, a tree hugger could have followed you and yelled at you for spreading oil everywhere. :whoops:, ok, so that's the best I could do. :flipoff2:

Sorry Dan.

I recall the 2F having an oil galley freeze plug in the back of the head that sometimes pops out like it sounds like yours did. If I remember correctly, the fix was to tap it and use a threaded plug.

Could this work in your instance, maybe a plug that has the internal allen to put it in so it would be flush and not interfere with the timing cover?

Nick

[quote author=Junk link=board=2;threadid=8517;start=msg73127#msg73127 date=1070940025]
ok, so that's the best I could do. :flipoff2:

Sorry Dan.
[/quote]

You aren't doing so good with the Junkisms lately. Are you not feeling well? :flipoff2:

Jim,

Same type of problem but much deeper to get to. I estimate at least 15-18 hours IF I can get away without removing the head. If the head needs to come off the time will more than double and the parts bill will go thru the roof of my cardboard shack :eek:

D-

maybe junk can claim this for you on that extended warranty of his. Just cover your truck in crap and dent a few things and tell them it's his. They have bought everything so far.

I fear it would take me longer to disguise the truck to look like Junk's than it will take me to fix it :flipoff2:

You see, too much of the rest of it works right ;)

woody 3007
cruiserdan 2956
-----------
dude, I feel for ya...how ya supposed to catch up on post counts if yer stuck actually wrenchin on yer junk? :flipoff2:

best of luck!

I'm gonna get me an oil-proof keyboard condom and a wireless connection :flipoff2:

I'll post from my creeper :rolleyes:

There's a guy in NM who has access to discounted OEM parts. Maybe you can hook up with him.

[quote author=cruiserman link=board=2;threadid=8517;start=msg73492#msg73492 date=1071012139]
There's a guy in NM who has access to discounted OEM parts. Maybe you can hook up with him.
[/quote]

I dunno, I know the guy........... :whoops:

I hate to say it Dan, but none of this woulda happened if you had repacked your muffler bearings when you should have....

Tom :p

perhaps some of the doubled up 100mph tape mentioned there would stop the oil leak?

Or maybe drain the oil, so it stops leaking, but you may have to unplug the oil light first so it doesnt drive you crazy while driving the car.... :D

Hay, now I have a seeping leak where Dan's is leakiing :mad:
With two seeping leaks I either need some 'Super RV Sealant/Plug" that can be put on the seeping oil leak that will stop the leak
Or
Pull the timing cover and fix.

[quote author=landtoy80 link=board=2;threadid=8517;start=msg73593#msg73593 date=1071025683]
Hay, now I have a seeping leak where Dan's is leakiing :mad:
With two seeping leaks I either need some 'Super RV Sealant/Plug" that can be put on the seeping oil leak that will stop the leak
Or
Pull the timing cover and fix.
[/quote]

Don't worry this might pass. I understand that when some guys wifes get pregnant they suffer from morning sickness just like their wife. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom