Na$ty a$$ oil leak (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I didn't get morning sickness but did get fat with each kid. I gained about 15 per kid.

[quote author=landtoy80 link=board=2;threadid=8517;start=msg73659#msg73659 date=1071029746]
I didn't get morning sickness but did get fat with each kid. I gained about 15 per kid.
[/quote]

:beer: :beer: this is what made me fat :D. I'd have to say with over 230K miles on your LC every day it runs has to be a good day. I only dream about getting that many miles out of mine. Hope your leak is just a little drip from old age and not the same problem that Dan is having.

[quote author=Gumby link=board=2;threadid=8517;start=msg73241#msg73241 date=1070974446]
He's using them all up in the Junk club forum[/quote]
... actually Rogue's momma rolled over on me and I couldn't get out. Was pinned for days. No food, bad smell etc. I'll have nightmares for the rest of my life. :flipoff2:

Cdan,
I vote for buying a camcorder, stuffing a rag into the gas tank, setting it on fire and video the whole thing. Uh, hmm, then what to do with the video? I dunno, but I'd like to hear all about it. :flipoff2: :D

Good thing you slipped that extra block out during the inventory count. :flipoff2: {joke folks}

[quote author=Junk link=board=2;threadid=8517;start=msg73702#msg73702 date=1071032967]
... actually Rogue's momma rolled over on me and I couldn't get out. Was pinned for days. No food, bad smell etc. I'll have nightmares for the rest of my life.
[/quote]

Now that is the Junk I have come to expect. Don't scare me like that again, okay? :flipoff2:

Hey Dan - Have you got any progress reports or updates for us?

I was wondering how it was going for you today.

:beer: :beer: :beer:

Riley

Well,

It's in pre-op now ;) My Emerald beauty is inside my bud's shop warming up to room temp.

I start at 07:30 tomorrow morning. I'll report on the state of affairs tomorrow evening.

Wish me luck :D D-

good luck :beer:

too bad your going to be in the shop all day, only 33 posts behind woody right now :eek:

Well,

I left the camera home this morning but I did remember the Thermos full of coffee. :rolleyes:

I'm 9 hours into it and have nabbed the offender :flipoff2:
cd72.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The little bastard is 16 mm in diameter and it hit the floor when I drove the timing cover off. It is, indeed, the oil galley plug for the passage to the oil cooler. It was held from coming out all the way by the timing cover.

Yes indeed. He called it.

I was able to get the timing cover off without pulling the cylinder head. We had to use heat to get the oil pans off. The sealer DID NOT want to let go. A generous application of the Hotwrench proved to be the ticket.

I WOULD NOT recommend tackling this particular job without a hoist and a torch.

It was nip and tuck when it came to the water by-pass pipe. It is right below the blower manifold mount and I was not at all sure that there was enough clearance to get it off without pulling the blower. It just barely made it. :D
ALL of the studs must be pulled out of the timing cover for this to work. Any attempt to do it without removing them will certainly fail.

Tomorrow is clean-up and begin reassembly.

D-

Good Luck Dan. I'll be thinking of you while I am taking my final.

You know I'm NO wrench, but this, at least, sounds like as good a news as you could want.

Glad to here you are getting the beast back together.

Here's where the offending plug escaped from:
Copy of HPIM0049.JPG

Last edited:
The Wulf stopped by this afternoon and snapped a pic of yours truly:
Wilson.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom