My wife says go bigger! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I'm planning out my lift setup and was thinking 35" tires with the OME 3.5-4" lift provided by cruiser outfitters. My wife says it looks dinky. Now, thats like your wife saying there's not enough HP in your car. Pretty awesome. But, I'm also thinking about the impacts of going bigger. Both $ and headache of getting it right.

Do 37" tires fit with this lift? And by fit, I mean look good and perform well off-road. We are on forrest trails and have easy to medium obstacles.

If I need to go up around 5", is there much extra work to do compared to a 4" lift?

It depends on a few things, the Eimkeith (sp?) brackets should help for caster, and move things forward a bit to avoid trimming.

Wether it’s 2.5”, 3” or 4” most of the work is the same, it’s just more brackets to buy and bolt on for suspension geometry.

He’s probably right about a regear but you could maybe get away with T-case gear set

More caster is going to cost you more money if using plates and OEM arms versus new radius arms. Very Likely will need a DC drive shaft with 5” lift. The rest of parts/labor seems about the same unless you will not re-gear with 35” tires.

Are you running 37's? Got any pics to share?

You didn’t ask me, but I’m on 38’s

I assume you are asking cause you don’t think he’s done that or knows, what are ya getting at? If you have first hand experience don’t hesitate to pipe up with issues you’ve seen.

None of what I’m typing is meant to be condescending or negative, it’s hard to express that my comments are sent with friendly intent.

So please elaborate if so inclined

You didn’t ask me, but I’m on 38’s

I assume you are asking cause you don’t think he’s done that or knows, what are ya getting at? If you have first hand experience don’t hesitate to pipe up with issues you’ve seen.

None of what I’m typing is meant to be condescending or negative, it’s hard to express that my comments are sent with friendly intent.

So please elaborate if so inclined
I dont have any experience with these. My suspension is stock. I was assuming he had 37's since he said they "were fine". Would just like to see some pics of anyone's ride that has 37" tires. Would love to see yours too

I dont have any experience with these. My suspension is stock. I was assuming he had 37's since he said they "were fine". Would just like to see some pics of anyone's ride that has 37" tires. Would love to see yours too

Sure. How high do you want to see it? You wanna see where things rub?

I have airbags, you wanna see it any specific height I can do that by little paddle valves on the center console, I can simulate any lift height, but I basically need a measurement from wheel center to upper fender well

As it sits in the garage aired down on bump stops:

84227DB0-6998-4D8F-892E-DE8091A5D7C9.jpeg

665F0FCD-A8DB-42DE-A666-1E23C582B018.jpeg

6DA2203A-EC0C-40D6-A63E-6DF829FB087D.jpeg

DB58EC0D-4BD9-46BB-AE69-CA564DF95808.jpeg

Yes, I bought my 80 built from a friend. I like the 37’s and 5.29 setup. It wheels, goes 65mph down highway easily. This does rub some with flares untrimmed. Part of me thinks it’s easier to go with 35’s and smaller lift and not much loss of performance. You can put a pencil to it for the extra parts / tire cost and see if it’s worth it.

59731417-264F-413E-A721-F481A5952BF7.jpeg

925E819D-578C-4051-83A8-061A9E8C61CB.jpeg

So I'm planning out my lift setup and was thinking 35" tires with the OME 3.5-4" lift provided by cruiser outfitters. My wife says it looks dinky. Now, thats like your wife saying there's not enough HP in your car. Pretty awesome. But, I'm also thinking about the impacts of going bigger. Both $ and headache of getting it right.

Do 37" tires fit with this lift? And by fit, I mean look good and perform well off-road. We are on forrest trails and have easy to medium obstacles.

If I need to go up around 5", is there much extra work to do compared to a 4" lift?
i am in the spot with my rig look up on the tacoma world sight (Box Rocket Adventure) or on instagram Adam Tolman he has i think the best info and indepth build info out there with many levels of the build thru the years. good luck post some pics

The majority of wives would say leave it alone, the rare ones are the kind that say go bigger. But all wives regardless of their preference have one thing in common.

They are always right.....

Better go for the 40's

37s on Fresh OME j springs with flares in 2005.
C78D3049-7DFA-4299-B890-EF8CD53D18E4.jpeg
C59AD49D-D98E-4454-9ABB-45131C55645C.jpeg

Have since changes to a different 3” lift and down in tire size with few regrets other than aesthetics.

You can make them fit and it sounds like your intended use would allow bump stops to limit travel and prevent rubbing. Pie slice on the flares helps too. I never trimmed my flares or bump stopped and never had issues but wheel backspacing was/is key.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom