my ol' truck (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

brian

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
she goes to the gym in the morning, early. this morning she thought she might take a telephone pole with her...

wreck.JPG

wreck2.JPG

all of that is just sheet metal and plastic, easly fixed.

this is the part that scares me.
pitmanarm.JPG

it's the pitman arm....

i don't see any real noticable frame damage, other than this and the left wheel has a good bit of camber to it.

lucky me, oh and she's fine, not even bruised(other than ego).

It proly sheared the pitman shaft from the pole hitting the tire trying to drive it past steering box lock!

Glad to hear she's OK...I've been in her shoes....only I decided to dance with a tree :doh: good news mine was focused at the hood line. Brian if you need any bits off my 84 give me a buzz it's the least I can do. Here is a pic of it....right side fender and bits didn't get hit so they should be fine.

It's worth wondering if the pitman arm hadn't gone if she might not have busted a wrist or hand. Worked out well, I'd say.

I did the same thing to my 86 nissan 4x4. Not that any one cares:)

At least she was headed to the gym and not the all-you-can-eat, 24hr BUFFET.
Sorry, but mechanical stuff fixes, glad she's OK.
Ed ;)

Just be glad she's okay. How'd the pole do? Doesn't look like she hit it hard enough to take it down--in some places they make you pay for a new one if they determine you're negligent, and the bill is something like $6,000 :eek:

i hit a guard rail head on at 70 in my 4runner and have been driving on a bent frame and wacked ass steering for 8 months and its just now finially undrivable

[quote author=customcruiser link=board=1;threadid=8845;start=msg76943#msg76943 date=1071689754]
i hit a guard rail head on at 70 in my 4runner and have been driving on a bent frame and wacked ass steering for 8 months and its just now finially undrivable
[/quote]

Okay, now let's look at your signature line:

71 FJ40 **Under Construction** SOA
94 4Runner **Under Construction** SAS
01 X-Star
98 M Roadster **wrecked** - damn it
95 Saturn -- **wrecked** got 12-12-03 $200

Now, I know the last one was wrecked before you got it, but, damn, man, oughtn't you slow down or something? ??? Or are you just collecting stuff for the lawn? :D :D :D

[quote author=Jman link=board=1;threadid=8845;start=msg76963#msg76963 date=1071693214]
Okay, now let's look at your signature line:

71 FJ40 **Under Construction** SOA
94 4Runner **Under Construction** SAS
01 X-Star
98 M Roadster **wrecked** - damn it
95 Saturn -- **wrecked** got 12-12-03 $200

Now, I know the last one was wrecked before you got it, but, damn, man, oughtn't you slow down or something? ??? Or are you just collecting stuff for the lawn? :D :D :D
[/quote]

[move]LOL[/move] ... I picture a really healthy cinderblock collection. :beer:

[quote author=drohweder link=board=1;threadid=8845;start=msg76717#msg76717 date=1071636129]
I did the same thing to my 86 nissan 4x4. Not that any one cares:)
[/quote]

hehehehe...i did an 84 nissan kc 4x4. killed the car, but at least it killed the pole too :D

I ran over a wall by accident a few years ago.

No damage to the truck...wall got leveled.

(~4' cinder block wall on the side of a friends house)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom