My new project!! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I know all about the Rhino Charge, run by John Bowden of Gumtrees Landrover, infact the sign company I own manufactured the trophies a couple of years ago ! .... might well see you there.

My FJ is the one in my avatar
Yup thats the one. We took part in 2003 in an old range rover, didnt do too bad, got a prize aswell. This year we planning on entering 2 cars, my bros 80 series, and hopefully the 40 if its ready (damn rain hasnt stopped for the last few days). I will be great to see you there.

Updates finally.....

The project has been on hold for the past few months but i am happy to say we have progressed in the last 2 weekends. Wiring is all in, prop shafts all in, work left for this weekend is brake & clutch pipes, fuel pipes & fuel tank and battery mounts. Hopefully with some luck we might get her started this weekend. My bro and his mate have also bought another 40 which is going through a re-store. At the end we decided to go with a pick-up hood.
Please excuse the photo quality took them on my phone's camera. What do u guys think??????
:popcorn:

15062008036.jpg

Did some work on the other 40 re-store project, prep'd and sprayed the chassis ready for rebuilding.
NewImage.jpg

Its Alive, started the motor yesterday after sorting all the wiring out. Started without any problems. Well chuffed with that, almost a year after starting on this project. All brake and clutch pipes are done, bleeding of the system will be done today. Hoping to take it for a little test drive today if all goes well.

MORE pictures :cheers:

I figured you had forgotten about us....

UK FJ40s

I'm surprised FJ's are that rare in the UK . I lived in Methwold norfolk and near Banbury and am coming back next July, back to Methwold. But come to think of it I think I only ever saw a couple.

So keep an eye out for my FJ

We should start LCUK!

I can see the T-shirts now---

LCUK

LR-THE BEST 4X4 UNTIL NOW!

That should get us in plenty of trouble!:hillbilly::hillbilly::hillbilly:

MORE pictures :cheers:

I figured you had forgotten about us....

Sorry guys, the UK weather is not too kind to us. Now that the summer is herre we are determined to get her on the road. Its the small bits n pieces that are taking time. The body work is last on our list. The plan os to get it on the road first then think about it.

I'm surprised FJ's are that rare in the UK . I lived in Methwold norfolk and near Banbury and am coming back next July, back to Methwold. But come to think of it I think I only ever saw a couple.

So keep an eye out for my FJ

We should start LCUK!

I can see the T-shirts now---

LCUK

LR-THE BEST 4X4 UNTIL NOW!

That should get us in plenty of trouble!:hillbilly::hillbilly::hillbilly:

We do 4X4 trailing every month which is littered with land rovers, but we have since put a stop to that. I think the UK has not realised what they are missing out on. If you want a 4X4.... there is no option BUT a Land Cruiser. HAHA. Cant wait to go off roading in it once its done. We trying to get it ready for the UK Rhino charge. It was supposed to be ready for it last year, but better late then never comes to mind.

I will take better pics of it when its stops pissing it down. WATCH THIS SPACE!!!!!!!!!!

Brakes/clutch systems are working now, put her in gear and it moves.... Next on the list is to fabricate a fuel tank for it. We know roughly where its gonna sit, but trying to make it the biggest we possibly can. More pics to follow
The other 40 re-store project is well underway, got the diffs on the chassis, mounted the power steering pump, need to do the brake/clutch pipes, engine gbox and the body. Hopefully will get most of it done this weekend if it stops raining here.

Quick up date on the 40's, managed to get the engine/gbox back in the red 40, mounted the tank. We were in the process of mounting the tub when the heavens opened up on us so we had to abandon work for the weekend. All in all good progress was made.
05072008044.jpg

05072008043.jpg

05072008042.jpg

You need a 4 car garage :)

Thanks for the updates

The red one, is mine :):):):):):grinpimp::grinpimp::grinpimp:

Quick up date so far on the 2 cruisers. The red 40 is looking good, body is mounted, fuel pump and piping done. The big job was converting the car from lfet hand drive to a right hand drive, nothing the plasma cutter coud not handle. Mounted the pedal box, steering colum.
18072008047.jpg

The 40 VX interior is in.
18072008048.jpg

18072008049.jpg

workx, here are you inthe UK? Would be good to have a 40 series meet sometime.

workx, here are you inthe UK? Would be good to have a 40 series meet sometime.

Could be good. Anyone know where I can source a head gasket (kit?) in the uk??

Could be good. Anyone know where I can source a head gasket (kit?) in the uk??

Re head gasket (or was that you guys that asked the question on ELCO?)

Toyota Dealer UK LIST Prices
2F head gasket part no 11115-61010 £87.54
2F rocker cover gasket part no 11213-61010 £12.22

Great to see the pictures coming ---- nice job on the conversion. Keep us posted.

Re head gasket (or was that you guys that asked the question on ELCO?)

Toyota Dealer UK LIST Prices
2F head gasket part no 11115-61010 £87.54
2F rocker cover gasket part no 11213-61010 £12.22

It was me that asked. Have no placed order on coolcruisers.com Needed few extra items as well. Hopefully they'll deliver real soon.

The "red one" is almost there. Few bits remaining are;

Steering column
Seat frames
Head gasket
A good clean & maybe a coat of paint

And, a roll cage......... In order for us to compete in this one, will enter it in a class known as CCV. Means it needs a roll cage that complies with the MSA Blie Book....... which means, cage needs to be "attached" to chasis. This is eating my head now lol

Guess what guys.............. picked another one last weekend haa haa, that makes 3 to the family

Pics to follow. This one needs alot more work on it.

40 Series? Wonder how many 40 series are actually in the UK.

Always seems to be the way, I looked for ages without seeing any for sale, eventually found and bought one (well one and a spares) and then found another I had to buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom