My new project!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

40 Series? Wonder how many 40 series are actually in the UK.

We wer talking about this the other day, reckon 25-30? :steer::steer:

plugs?

Easy one guys, what plugs do I get for the 2F?? :cheers:

pics

Assortment of pics

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

plans

Full cage from Metal Tech on order

She should be ready-ish this weekend. More pics to follow! :flipoff2:

Cool buildups, and 40s! Would love to see some more pics of the one on the 80 series chassis, specially body mounts, how the chassis was shortened, etc.

Me too! I can't get this idea out of my head. We have a ton of Japanese HDJ's in country now and there prices seem to be falling so it might be time put that beautiful power train and suspension under the 40. Could you guys detail that build a little more with what complications you came up against? body mounts, cutting of the frame, fitting that big engine in the engine bay, tying the steering into the 80's, running the gas filler to the 80's tank...

I guess what I am asking is it worth it? You seem be on hold with that one and that could be for a million different reasons. I think everyone is very excited to see it running and to hear your impressions.

Great thread

hey

LOL, it's not on hold, small bits are being done, un-noticeable changes tho'. It's my brother's (workx) build, will let him run you thru' the project and get him to put more pics up.

Few more pics. Just installed hilift to front bumper. Car was originaly, lhd, converted to rhd with new dash panel complete with battery master cut off switch (missing from pic) and a mechanical plumbed in Lifeline fire extinguisher.

IMG_0032.jpg

DSC01289.jpg

will take more over the next few days. Trying to get her ready for the UK Rhino Charge........... 21st September

Sorry I went back and reread through the build and see that it is progressing and faster than mine is. Can't wait to see both those rigs riping it up!

woohoo

Back from our first outing in the 40's. We were at the 2008 UK RHINO CHARGE

The VX40, 2nd overall and 1st place on the more extreme tiger punches

The Fj40 didn't do too badly considering the first drive we had in it was putting it on the trailer

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0039.jpg

:flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

Action shots go come

Order for cage has been placed o MetalTech. Waiting for delivery

We wer talking about this the other day, reckon 25-30? :steer::steer:

Perhaps a few more than that, you have three, I have two, I know of perhaps six others from ebay and talking to people, not many though.

Nice work by the way - can't belive you got that done outside with the summer we had.

Hello peoples, sorry for the lack of updates. Tried to stay away from spanners for as long as we could, it has been a busy summer getting the cars ready.
Here is a taster of the 40VX in action. More pics to follow....
n512605270_4383653_6773.jpg

This was a timed section
n513445730_1832260_234.jpg

river crossing coming up a bank.

more pics

DSC_7124.jpg

DSC_7146.jpg

DSC_7192.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom