Builds My new pair of 40s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiserjunktion

Cruiserjunktion@gmail.com
GOLD Star
Threads
Here is my rusty 74 fj40. It has a great drivetrain and very serious rust issues. I have been looking into a new tub....... yet they are too EXPENSIVE. For that much loot, I'll could buy a 2nd truck and sell off the leftovers. So that is what I am doin' :idea:

here is the ad from the ebay auction:

"You are bidding on a 1971 Toyota Landcruiser fj40, and is being sold with NO RESERVE! The body is in excellent condition, with few imperfections. There is no rust to my knowledge anywhere on the vehicle. The cruiser was bought as a project, and most of it was completed until I got too busy with other obligations to finish it. The motor runs, but needs either carburetor work, or a new carburetor, as there is an internal spring that needs to be replaced. There is also an exhaust leak. It also needs a windshield, but is sold with all of the windshield gaskets. The interior could use some work cosmetically, the bucket seats are out of an acura integra. Please email me with any questions. Here is a list of features that have been installed. -Intake manifold -New Filters -Acura bucket seats -Muffler -New cap/rotor/plugs and wires -New bikini top -New half doors -Original emblems -No need to smog! Needs: -Carburetor internal fuel pump -windshield(gaskets included) -electrical system work -Mirrors

Previous owner says NO RUST NO BONDO....... . 1st to go reflectors, JEEP tail lights & black bezel

fj40 tlc 967.jpg
fj40 tlc 897.jpg
fj40 tlc 282.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats, that's a way cool way to do it! :bounce: :jelous:

Mel.........which Gainesville are you in? Tx, Florida, etc.

I'm gonna go a head and say he lied about the rust. look at the front fender. congrats on the cruiser

Jetboy said:
I'm gonna go a head and say he lied about the rust. look at the front fender. congrats on the cruiser

the one in the ebay link is the one with no rust.

I would look very closely at that truck. Looks like a poor paint job, which would make me suspicous on whats hiding underneath.

Last edited:
1st jto front disc brakes & bezel

Picked up a set of longer shakles and some vintage vector 15 x 10 wheels from ebay. You may recognize the style from the buick gnx or the general lee they also have vectors. I like them because they look period correct for the cruiser. I exchanged the stock tires I purchased for a set of firestone 33 x 12.5s. The guy at tires plus assured me they won't blow up ala ford explorer. The wheels fit nicely over the gm calipers

wheel fitament jto disc conversion READ - https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=46661
resto 054.jpg
DSC06760.JPG
DSC06772.JPG

Last edited:
Purchased a wal mart $20 spray gun.... I am done with spray cans FOREVER. Oil painted underbody rustolum satin $7 quart 1.5 quarts

FUN!!!!

I have new shox, ubolts, sprins etc so I didnt refinish these parts
fj40 toyota 042.jpg
fj40 toyota 038.jpg

Last edited:
Dirty 4 speed before and after cleaning, new seals, bearings, transfer saver, some new xfer internals, pbrake rebuild and paint.

Note high tech transmission stand

Thanks Poser for the saver.....
fj40 tlc 748.jpg
fj40 tlc 125.jpg
resto 030.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom