wheel fitament jto disc conversion READ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiserjunktion

Cruiserjunktion@gmail.com
GOLD Star
Threads
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I purchsed the jto front brake kit for my 71 fj40, I asked about wheel clearance. The salesman assured me the stock wheels would work. THEY DONT FIT over the new calipers.

I am really upset b/c I just spent $405 on oem size tires for these rims. I had them mounted and balenced, only to find the stock wheels won't work.

I chose oem size tires b/c I was using the oem wheels.......
Having known I was going to be purchasing new wheels...... I would have gotton bigger tires for them. What a waste.......

Besides the wheel fitament, I had to grind each hub for 90mins (no exageration). 3hrs of grinding is hardly "BOLT ON"

The guys at jto were helpful when I called...... Too bad the sales guy on the phone doesn't know what he is selling.

My truck will have to stay on jack stands until I get new wheels or put back on the drums. (dunno when I can get wheels, since I just spent $$$ on tires.)

I would have spent the $405 on wheels not skinny tires...

Will any oem wheels for disc equipped cruisers fir?

ne one have some oem disc wheels they want to trade?

UNHAPPY

Last edited:
I am sure you can get spacers to give you the 3 1/4 inch back set i think you need. Try this in a search of this forum.

sorry to hear about your disappointment with jto...although, it's not unusual.

a good set of true wheel spacers will be expensive, but you might be able to get away with the cheap aluminum 1/4 spacers for now. also, can you grind anything (like calipers) and make them clear? things to ponder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom