My New Gamiviti Rack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After researching racks for awhile to go on my FJ60, I finally purchased one from Gamiviti. My main criteria was 1. low profile and 2. one piece design. There are several great choices on the market these days and it can be hard choosing which rack to go with, but I kept going back to Gamiviti. I love the classic look, all the options to choose from and they are super strong. I went with an "Expo Down" style. It makes it much easier to slide a RTT up there, perfect platform for my Autohome. The Expo bar in the down position also makes a great handle for climbing up and down to fetch gear, etc. In the event my Autohome isn't mounted, I can flip the rack and use in it a more traditional basket style configuration. The exact rack I purchased is on the Gamiviti website, the only thing I requested to be changed were the dimensions. The FJ60 racks are about 6" longer and a little wider than the 80 and 100 series racks. I chose a dimension that will fit on the 60, 80 and 100 series. Since most of these racks are built to order, I had a little time to read over the installation instructions and tips on the website. The rack arrived in a wooden crate with all hardware included. Once I had everything unpacked, the install was pretty straightforward. Only needed a second person for a minute to lift it on top of the truck. I also purchased some of the "Roof Rack Receivers" for my ARB Awning. Attached some photos below, I have the rack in the lowest position on my truck, or else I would have it scooted a little more toward the rear. The awning can also be mounted below the rack instead of the up position like I have in the pics. Thanks to Tim and the guys at Gamiviti, top notch service.

IMG_9410.jpg

IMG_9528.jpg

IMG_9607.jpg

IMG_9658.jpg

IMG_9659.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. Seems to be the direction racks are going these days, but I always loved the classic baskets. With the "basket/expo" down on the Gamiviti, you get the best of both worlds, because you can flip it over if you want a little better gear containment.

I’m no elephant, but I have walked around on it.

Last edited:
This is killer, so happy to have found this thread. I have the same color FJ and want a rack very similar to this. I've looked at quite a few racks and haven't been pleased with any of them. Lucky for me these guys are just up the road! Any idea if they do install? No sense in me throwing it in the back of my Tundra or bolting in on in the parking lot if they offer install. Have you run a RTT on it?

After researching racks for awhile to go on my FJ60, I finally purchased one from Gamiviti. My main criteria was 1. low profile and 2. one piece design. There are several great choices on the market these days and it can be hard choosing which rack to go with, but I kept going back to Gamiviti. I love the classic look, all the options to choose from and they are super strong. I went with an "Expo Down" style. It makes it much easier to slide a RTT up there, perfect platform for my Autohome. The Expo bar in the down position also makes a great handle for climbing up and down to fetch gear, etc. In the event my Autohome isn't mounted, I can flip the rack and use in it a more traditional basket style configuration. The exact rack I purchased is on the Gamiviti website, the only thing I requested to be changed were the dimensions. The FJ60 racks are about 6" longer and a little wider than the 80 and 100 series racks. I chose a dimension that will fit on the 60, 80 and 100 series. Since most of these racks are built to order, I had a little time to read over the installation instructions and tips on the website. The rack arrived in a wooden crate with all hardware included. Once I had everything unpacked, the install was pretty straightforward. Only needed a second person for a minute to lift it on top of the truck. I also purchased some of the "Roof Rack Receivers" for my ARB Awning. Attached some photos below, I have the rack in the lowest position on my truck, or else I would have it scooted a little more toward the rear. The awning can also be mounted below the rack instead of the up position like I have in the pics. Thanks to Tim and the guys at Gamiviti, top notch service.

View attachment 2124382

View attachment 2124383

View attachment 2124384

View attachment 2124393

View attachment 2124394
Looks great...I did Expo down on my Gamiviti as well, perfect handrails for getting up/down & I use them often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom