My first ever engine swap.....!!!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MANUCHAO

omnia mea mecum porto
Threads
:idea:
Ok, so I got me an engine now.:bounce:
Got the space, some time and some tools ....but thats about it...

Life is grand !!! :grinpimp:

Here are some pics of the donor....

I'll post pics as the project snails along
vortec (4) (Medium).JPG
vortec (Medium).JPG
vortec (3) (Medium).JPG

Very Cool! Hey Manuchao looking good. Let me know when your gonna pull the 2f I'll come by and help.

Dynosoar :zilla:

What the heck is it?

Gassers!:ban:

Well, if I was into gassers it would definitely be a Chebby. They make the best gas engines by a long shot....

Dysoar. I'll let yah know...!! Thanks

Iaintscared, I'll sure take my time doing this swap... a few months perhaps !! Thanks for all the info....

Nicholas, I'll take as many as I can promise......I said exactly the same thing when I saw Philos1 did his and that tip the scales for me.

D'Animal, yes that is going in a 85 Fj60...

HZJ60, If I could of got a close to new deisel I would of gone that route, but..................

Its a 2006 L59. Engine/tranny I got it initially for 3k but finally scored it for $2,700.
It came off of a Chevy Silverado 4x4 p/u truck.

geez man!!! that thing is brand freaking new!!!! call me when you get into it and I'll come help too...

Dysoar. I'll let yah know...!! Thanks

Iaintscared, I'll sure take my time doing this swap... a few months perhaps !! Thanks for all the info....

Nicholas, I'll take as many as I can promise......I said exactly the same thing when I saw Philos1 did his and that tip the scales for me.

D'Animal, yes that is going in a 85 Fj60...

HZJ60, If I could of got a close to new deisel I would of gone that route, but..................

I sure didnt mean to be critical of you. Nice motor foe show.

Ive heard of people finding Cummins motors for that price, but they sure arent new.

Good score.:beer:

HZJ60.. no worries...mate...:)
I dream of diesels all the time.. perhaps in the future with a FJ45LB eh !!!!

Aintscared, english buddy :)
:eek: If you got the time please translate:
Are you going to run the drive by wire? Or go for the cable setup? :confused: :confused:

Can you see now how much fun this is going to be !!!! HA !!:crybaby: :crybaby:

Im way over my head on this project but Im glad Im doing it..!!!!
At least Im good at posting smilies eh !!!

Your not over your head. You will find it to be fairly painless. With Philos and I on board to help you it should be a breaze! (Famous last words).

Dynosoar

Sorry, Are you staying with the stock throttle body set up? If so you would need to convert your gas pedal setup. If you go with a 99 throttle body you can run a cable actuated pedal. (easier) Sorry about the english, my wife tells me the same thing...:cheers:

Sorry, Are you staying with the stock throttle body set up? If so you would need to convert your gas pedal setup. If you go with a 99 throttle body you can run a cable actuated pedal. (easier) Sorry about the english, my wife tells me the same thing...:cheers:

Manuchao, try to go this way- that would be my suggestion...

now get to ripping stuff out! and get some pics too! and... sorry, I'm just excited for ya man...

One Day!!!
Keep us posted. You sir are my hero.

Ah ok, now I understand... Thanks eh !!

Well, what do you guys think?
The engine I got came with the complete pedal mechanism....but I hear what you and Philos1 are saying loud and clear and yes Im trying to keep this as easy and cheap as I can....

The menu for tomorrows lunch calls for some light wrenching.:bounce::bounce:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom