My first ever engine swap.....!!!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A nuckle job will also happen and the PS Gearbox needs to be rebuilt...
Pulling this thing apart was so much fun !!

WoW Way to go Frank you are making some progress. Keep up the good work.

Dynosoar

Any of you knows of a good air compressor from harborfreight. I shaved clean a few nuckles and it f$%^ hurt..
I want some thing cheap..what do you guys recomend..
I need it to be local.

Thanks eh..

you can probably borrow mine.

LOOKING GOOD!! Harbor freight has one that held up for me so far under 200.00. Do you have a lift on there? Looks like we have a swap fest going on. Will keep an eye on the post.. Hey how's the leg?

I am also interested in going this swap. I want to use a LM4 from a Trailblazer since they are all aluminum and 300 hp. I wanted to get a newer suv at first but I like my 60 so much I think it would be better to just update it and keep it. It is really hard to find a more modern truck that compares.

you can probably borrow mine.

Shane, thanks dude..I would but I'll also needed for other projects and I would hate to be one of them buds that borrows and ends up keeping yah stuff eh :grinpimp:

LOOKING GOOD!! Harbor freight has one that held up for me so far under 200.00. Do you have a lift on there? Looks like we have a swap fest going on. Will keep an eye on the post.. Hey how's the leg?

Yeah mon it has a OME heavy lift on the back and mid-heavy on the front. Leg is doing much better, however Im schedule for surgery on the 14th on this month. That will put a hold on everything for a while... I'll do what I can then.

I am also interested in going this swap. I want to use a LM4 from a Trailblazer since they are all aluminum and 300 hp. I wanted to get a newer suv at first but I like my 60 so much I think it would be better to just update it and keep it. It is really hard to find a more modern truck that compares.
86TLC I thought of going with that engine at first but it was hard to get as a complete engine. I havent met or heard of anybody that does not like their swap.
Good luck to yah

MANUCHAO looks like things are coming along on your tare down. Don't be cheap now, go out and get yourself a good air compressor, it will come in handy now and in the future.
I'm glad to see that your knee injury is not impeding your work. You might be finished with the swap sooner than you think.

Babaganoush, yes, I will do that tomorrow.
I know I been wanting to buy one for the longest time....but the questions which one??? So far I havent used any power tools but after shaving off a few knuckles today....:doh: :doh:
Im avoiding having to go to the toolshack as I know I'll end up buying half the store:grinpimp: :grinpimp:

Took all the fluids out with out spilling much on the floor.... (Im borrowing the place where Im doing the work) see how long I can hold that.

Im impatiently waiting for the smog ref to call me so I can buy the right AA kit...
AT or MT kit.

Hey guys. I may have to go with a auto tranny. If that is the case, would I be able to use a chevy T/C? Would it line up with the drive lines? Anybody knows or has done this ? I dont think I could swap the inner shaft on the AT to mate it to the Toyota TC.

Thanks in advance.

Sure you can it is only an automatic with a few hundred parts(OK maybe not that many). It just seems difficult. If you need tear down help give a shout.:cool:

s*** son,

That's the shiniest motor I've seen all month!

Definitely take your time on the swap. I just did a 3 day 2f to 2f swap while desmogging in december due to a time crunch and lack of a rig. SUCKED! 16 hour days at crackhead speed.

I wound up with a light concussion, bleeding all over, and dead tired. in our haste we removed some important smog parts, and wound up shooting spark plugs out the head and a couple inches a flame out the shortened exhaust until I troubleshot everything.

I am not swapping another motor in here till I have a more reliable shop and the dough to go diesel.

Dude! That's why you won't go with me to the Hi Desert Round Up for Memorial Day. I thought it was because I own a CJ!

By now you should have gotten my e-mail about getting a Vanco master cylinder and booster. How about I drop by this weekend and install it at your house and I help out with the FJ? You know how much I love that rig of yours, especially after you scored the WRX seats!

Talk to you later.

Cy

now, make sure to take alot of pics...so you can do a write up. It looks real tempting. LOL. :cheers:

I think I'll stick to the toyo t/c. I feel like a guinea pig already.:crybaby: I also think I'll have a shop do the TC/Tranny mating. Either way, I'll keep yah posted with pics and all.

Dude! That's why you won't go with me to the Hi Desert Round Up for Memorial Day. I thought it was because I own a CJ!

By now you should have gotten my e-mail about getting a Vanco master cylinder and booster. How about I drop by this weekend and install it at your house and I help out with the FJ? You know how much I love that rig of yours, especially after you scored the WRX seats!

Talk to you later.

Cy

Hey Cy.
I saw all that bling bling you put on that rig. Looks good.
You are welcome to come by this weekend. I'll be working on my truck on Saturday and some on Sunday.

Smog Ref:

Ok here is what the smog ref had to say. from 1994 and up the engine has to stay with the original tranny ( I disagree).
He also said I could not reflash the computer chip ( I again disagree:confused:). I spoke with one Riverside Co. Smog ref.
I'll probably call one from the LA Co area, and see what they got to say. Im sure I'll get a different answer.
Is like going to Baskin Robins, they come in all different flavors !!!!! Shoooop:rolleyes:!!!

don't tell them you are changing the computer, there is no way they are going to look for computer changes, and it's way improbable that they could tell the difference anyways.

your mantra- "yeah, it's all stock."

very sweet motor.Your cruizer is going to be sooo rad.I had my 2f rebuilt and now I wish I swapped in a chevy small block.A friend of mine just found a 350 with all the goodies for FI for 250.00.No lie.Someone went out of business and just wanted to get rid of it.Good luck on the swap.

don't tell them you are changing the computer, there is no way they are going to look for computer changes, and it's way improbable that they could tell the difference anyways.

your mantra- "yeah, it's all stock."

Yeh, I hear yah bro.
I'll play along...

very sweet motor.Your cruizer is going to be sooo rad.I had my 2f rebuilt and now I wish I swapped in a chevy small block.A friend of mine just found a 350 with all the goodies for FI for 250.00.No lie.Someone went out of business and just wanted to get rid of it.Good luck on the swap.

I too did the same, but then Philos1 and iaintscared got me going with all them pretty pics they posted on their swaps...and well I guess is/was "monkey see, monkey do"....:cheers::cheers:

monkey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom