My first '40 and the venture (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Oh my gawd!
I am laughing my ass off in the driveway of my Airbnb.

I don’t know what is funnier, the whole thing or that fact that “we” are so short.

Too rad man..
We aren't short, our lifts are too high.

Holy crap, I’ve spent the last several minutes crying with laughter. Then I started thinking about a movie mash up with Up In Smoke and Lord of the Rings where Cheech and Chong are Hobbits on a quest to find the NLA parts for our 40’s and almost barfed laughing so hard.

Thank you Bryan, you made my day!

I'd add some Spinal Tap too for the soundtrack for that movie.
“The bigger the waistband the deeper the quicksand…”

If there does become a build date for Uma and you guys come out you Shou totally redo that picture.

Last edited:
Dan @mtn biker - this all came about as we were discussing coming out to help you yank the engine. And we said the drive would be like Up in Smoke - and it all went sideways from there... in a good way.

Let us know -

(I think I have a 4Runner engine to help rebuild and stab in towards end of April. - I'm getting a reputation... not sure the one I want.)

Still collecting parts between work trips.

Got the last of the suspension, the 80 amp RMAN alternator, some small stuff from powder coating...

Going to wait to see what I will need for brakes "while I'm in there", same with birfs, have no idea what they will look like so holding off ordering until I know.

will check on the chem dip doors and see where they are so I can get on the door repairs and some paint.

Got this (rear ambulance half doors) from @Aqualu Industries today - Inspiration from @Chungas Revenge and @RevISK - Pretty sure I'm going to remove roof (again) and fix that too, & some rust with the side members etc, so going to drive around topless until the roof is ready or SAS.

IMG_5360.jpg

IMG_5361.jpg

so holding off ordering until I know.

And here I keep just buying crap because I might need it some day. 😆

I figure once my project is "done" I'll just start hoarding parts again so I can do it all again. Cause you know. Stupid

And here I keep just buying crap because I might need it some day. 😆

That had been my MO until late.... yesterday. - Swear I am part Klingon - Seriously - a box of parts I got today... 2 pilot bearing - why do I need two pilot bearings? (Sure I have a 2f in the garage to rebuild someday)

With the birfs - another MUD member (keeping them anonymous) asked me Monday "what is wrong with existing birfs that you think you should get new?" - It is the "then I know..." OCD bug that takes over...

That had been my MO until late.... yesterday. - Swear I am part Klingon - Seriously - a box of parts I got today... 2 pilot bearing - why do I need two pilot bearings? (Sure I have a 2f in the garage to rebuild someday)

With the birfs - another MUD member (keeping them anonymous) asked me Monday "what is wrong with existing birfs that you think you should get new?" - It is the "then I know..." OCD bug that takes over...

Even if there isn't anything wrong. They're sitting on the shelf waiting. I accidently double ordered deals and bearings for the front axle of the 80.

I should've shown you my wall of parts at the shop when you were there.

You can say it was me, unless you don’t want to then you should delete this.

The impetus behind that question is my wing it and sling it approach to life and LandCruisers. I’m obviously not an engineer. 😉

wing it and sling it approach to life and LandCruisers
I love that except Karl posts about how much time is left f&cks with my mind when considering all the other commitments too.

Edited:
And I was trying to give you top cover/an out that we talk outside of MUD. Totally fine bringing you down to my level. :beer:

Last edited:
I love that except Karl posts about how much time is left f&cks with my mind when considering all the other commitments too.

Edited:
And I was trying to give you top cover/an out that we talk outside of MUD. Totally fine bringing you down to my level. :beer:
For good or bad it’s just how I’m wired.

And I think you got the second part backwards. You’ve really set a bar with Yellr.

I see your 🍺 and raise you 🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺 more.

115 7/12ths days to go.

If it makes it better, how about 2,773 hours?

Actually, that feels worse somehow.

If it makes it better, how about 2,773 hours?

Actually, that feels worse somehow.

I don't even care this year. I don't have to build a camper like I did for seven.

The only project I need to tackle is welding up ramps to hold up the back of Chris's Hilux on the gooseneck. I should probably get on that....

Couple short boring posts vs one long boring post...

Went to chem dip place Friday - not done - so doors etc wait. Decided to try the internal frame beater.

First - use shop vac to get what was loose - not much... surprising to me - could feel dried mud cakes when poking around.

Took a few attempts because I was lazy. Used a compact impact wrench and should have used a drill (too lazy to go get) - the manual crank on the snake is close to the handle of the compact impact and kept hitting my hand. And It wasn't the best grip with the impact to the contraption (drill would have been better with a chuck - sounds like a silverback fart when the impact didn't have a decent bite - learned to go really slow then you can hit the gas - get it?) - yet it did work.

(Video trying it out for the first time to see if it would really do anything. Got better, like most things through time.)

Used shop vac to clean what post frame beater and hello.
IMG_5413.jpg

Now to the other side maybe Monday.

Decided to try and clean up the skid plate today too.

Thought I'd try this and see what it does. Says keep on for at least 8 hours - (going for 20+)
IMG_5398.jpg

Some misc picts too. It has some remains of rubber undercoating.
IMG_5391.jpg

and..
IMG_5396.jpg

And that is a wrap. Put in in the garage.
IMG_5397.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom