My experience with 12 hole injectors. Awesome! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone got a how to for swapping injectors or is it pretty straight forward?

This seller on ebay that sells 6 for $60 put a kit of 8 together for $80 for me. Just had to ask - silvershot_platinum on eBay

Last edited:
One thing to keep in mind when doing a swap or anytime just removing injectors or intake manifold. Clean the area the best you can before disassembly. You do not want even dust getting into intake ports.

EDIT: I installed the injectors. Here is my experience:

For my 1999 (non-VVT-i) with 264,000 miles and original injectors, I just pulled the trigger on a set of 8 injectors from a random guy on eBay, "CS Performance Injectors" who looks like they may be a professional shop. They acknowledge the large number of Chinese cloned Denso injectors out there, and claim they only use authentic Denso injectors and that their employees are 'ASE master technicians in their US-based injector shop.' Cost was about $100 + an additional $50 charge to have them dynamically flow tested (matched within 2%) with documentation.
**I am not 100% positive, but I believe that these Denso 23250-20030 injectors are a direct 'plug and play' replacement for my 1999 LandCruiser's Denso 23250-46080 injectors; I don't think that they require pigtail wiring adapters.**

Here's what they have to say:
"CS Performance is an industry leader in custom EFI technology. Our state-of-the-art factory uses only ASNU flow benches in our certified ASNU service center. Our flow technicians are ASE Master Mechanics, so you can feel confident that your fuel injectors are being tested and rebuilt properly.

With the recent flooding of Chinese knockoff injectors that have reached the market, it has become increasingly more important to separate our factory and products from the competition. EBay groups all the products together and does not have the technology or knowledge to know the difference between genuine OEM brand core rebuilt fuel injectors versus Chinese knockoff "brand new" fuel injectors. CS Performance is among the very few stores on eBay that provides quality, genuine fuel injectors that will have a flow match rate of 3% or better and will function like brand new. When comparing a rebuilt OEM fuel injector with a "brand new" Chinese knockoff injector, the rebuilt OEM injector will always come ahead with a closer flow match, precision laser cut nozzle plates, better atomization, and reliable functionality for years as opposed to days."

It's worth it to me for $150, since I was going to have to pay about that anyway to have my OEM ones cleaned locally. I guess I'm willing to toss the dice on this to find out.

Bought them here:

CS Performance Injectors does have a website...

One question: will I need pigtail adapters for the plugs to work, if so, does anyone recommend some?

Last edited:

Thanks @Rauhwelt the eBay vendor clarified this.

For 2UZFE VVTi:

For 2UZFE non-VVTi:

For my 1999 (non-VVT-i) with 264,000 miles and original injectors, I just pulled the trigger on a set of 8 injectors from a random guy on eBay, "CS Performance Injectors" who looks like they may be a professional shop. They acknowledge the large number of Chinese cloned Denso injectors out there, and claim they only use authentic Denso injectors and that their employees are 'ASE master technicians in their US-based injector shop.' Cost was about $100 + an additional $50 charge to have them dynamically flow tested (matched within 2%) with documentation.
**I am not 100% positive, but I believe that these Denso 23250-20030 injectors are a direct 'plug and play' replacement for my 1999 LandCruiser's Denso 23250-46080 injectors; I don't think that they require pigtail wiring adapters.**

It's worth it to me for $150, since I was going to have to pay about that anyway to have my OEM ones cleaned locally. I guess I'm willing to toss the dice on this to find out.

Bought them here:

One question: will I need pigtail adapters for the plugs to work, if so, does anyone recommend some?

Hi phi1osopher,

Any update on the injectors? Have you managed to install them and carry out some initial testing?
And how did you go with them being plug and plug?

Cheers

FYI for folks that may not have seen the other ongoing thread, I ran a dyno test including partial throttle along with another member @J1000 just this week. Results will be posted in a YotaMD Youtube video shortly!

Hi phi1osopher,

Any update on the injectors? Have you managed to install them and carry out some initial testing?
And how did you go with them being plug and plug?

Cheers
Yes -- here you go!

EDIT: I installed the injectors. Here is my experience:

Bought them here:

Good point about counterfeit Denso injectors from China. I bought a set last year for my Tacoma from Amazon that turned out to be counterfeit. Part of the injectors melted from engine heat and started leaking fuel all over the intake manifold. How much is your truck worth?

The only injectors that I trust are OEM Denso/Aisan and Intermotor usually from RockAuto that are basically reboxed OEM. I would rather get my originals serviced than risk counterfeits with plastic that will not hold up to engine heat.

FYI for folks that may not have seen the other ongoing thread, I ran a dyno test including partial throttle along with another member @J1000 just this week. Results will be posted in a YotaMD Youtube video shortly!

Here’s the thread in case anyone’s looking to save a few bucks:

Thanks @Rauhwelt the eBay vendor clarified this.

For 2UZFE VVTi:

For 2UZFE non-VVTi:

Has anyone given the plug & play VVTI version a shot?

Yea Ayune,
Point well taken. I suffer from being a diehard analytical with an attitude, my bad. show me facts not theory.
All is good with anyone's opinion but show me some facts that Toyota engineers are wrong and nobody is ably to do that.

It's all good. We are on the same team trying to improve an already awesome vehicle.....
I will start the modification of my fzj80 engine in a few days. And I will use the 12 hole long port injector of a toyota corolla 2015 (iran specs) combined with individual 6 coil conversion (coil on plug) and stock toyota ecu from the later 1fz without the distributor...and yes... Corolla injectors.... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom