My experience with 12 hole injectors. Awesome! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@J1000 thanks for the tip. I wonder if this is happening on my 100 with dt headers and 3 inch exhaust all the way back. Ordering the adapter now.

I think I’ll get an adapter to see. I can tune the Unichip if the readings are outside the parameters.
uzj100, when did you put your injectors in?
Any other mods than the DT headers and cat back exhaust?

I think I’ll get an adapter to see. I can tune the Unichip if the readings are outside the parameters.
uzj100, when did you put your injectors in?
Any other mods than the DT headers and cat back exhaust?
No injectors yet, on the list. My exhaust is from headers back and made by ems.

Last edited:
I keep old fuel injector in a jar filled with ATF to preserve. I'll have cleaned, tested and rebuild before reusing.

As they sit unused, on the shelf or even in the engine, they may dry out (leak down). They then may develop rust speck internal. I've found fuel injector get clogged, develop poor spray pattern also leak down rate increases pass spec allowed, when not used regularly with good fuel.

I'm sending a set out now, to FIS for servicing. They'll be tested, cleaned and rebuilt which is only way to know condition for sure before installing. Serviced one's, need installing and used within 30 days.
ATF fluid to store them? I may swap them back in the next few weeks. Is that more of a long term storage option that would require sending them for cleaning before install?

I did get them installed. Still kind of feeling them out. My truck was out of commission for about 4 weeks prior to getting them installed. I had a bunch of work done; front and rear oem rotors and pads, front calipers, valve cover gaskets, speed sensor, X2 27F battery, and the injectors.
I can’t say I really noticed anything considerable right away with the injectors. In fact I contacted Keith at Dirty Deeds to find out if what I installed were the right ones for my application (Unichip with catback exhaust) because I didn’t feel an immediate change. I was contemplating reinstalling my existing 4 hole injectors just so I could see if I felt a difference. He assured me the 250 cc ones were correct.
So now after about 3 weeks I’m still somewhat on the fence about it. Don’t get me wrong, the engine does run great with these injectors and throttle response on the low end feels better. On the higher end I felt my 4 holes made the truck pull better. There was no change at all in fuel economy.
Again, I hadn’t drove it for a month so it was hard for me to tell. I honestly don’t think there was any horsepower change (and no I’m not going to do a dyno) but it may have slightly changed the torque curve. The 4 hole ones that came out still looked really good and I did keep them. I figured after 17 years and 160k getting new ones wasn’t a bad idea. I may eventually swap them back just so I can see if I feel a difference between the two without a month downtime.
Ok, got an update on the injectors. I put back in my stock MAF sensor yesterday, replacing the Jet Peformance sensor I installed 2 years ago. I never got to run AFR readings but I’m sure with the new injectors, the Jet MAF, and Unichip it was running really lean. Honestly I never had any issues at all with the Jet MAF and I actually thought it helped out prior to the new injectors. Since putting in the stock MAF the truck really is responding much better to the new injectors. Throttle response is better throughout now, not just on the low end. I don’t feel WOT changed but pretty much everything else between 20-80% throttle is better in terms of response. I still would be sceptical there was any change in horsepower overall but the throttle response alone is a great improvement. I’d also say idle has smoothed out even more.

ATF fluid to store them? I may swap them back in the next few weeks. Is that more of a long term storage option that would require sending them for cleaning before install?
It is a long term storage solution. Anything more than 30 days it should be considered. I've not tried to used after soaking in ATF, without have cleaned. But it should be fine to just wipe off and let sit an drain for and hour or two. A soaking in gasoline would hurt. Then install and they'll further clean as fuel runs through.

Last edited:
Interesting thread, regardless the back and forth banter. I’m going to be baselining a new 2006 lx w 128k miles on it and wondering if the injectors should be sent out for a tune up or if I should just order new ones? Nothing wrong with them but if I’m going to be keeping this one for a while I’d like it to run near 100% as it should.

Anyone found a way to properly test these?

My thinking on the issue is, that if it gives a more complete combustion, (as you extract more energy from the fuel), you should get lower fuel-consumption, given that you drive the car normally. Also, emissions should improve.

Any thoughts?

I send them out to be cleaned, tested and rebuilt. During testing they look at leak down rate, flow volume and spray pattern. It's the only way to know for sure.

A cheaper way to lean out your engine is by just drilling holes in your intake manifold! Problem solved and you can stick with the 4 hole injectors!

I send them out to be cleaned, tested and rebuilt. During testing they look at leak down rate, flow volume and spray pattern. It's the only way to know for sure.
View attachment 1989167
View attachment 1989168

View attachment 1989171
View attachment 1989177
What are your thoughts on these lovely looking 12 hole injectors? I'm looking at something like this down the road since we don't have a local shop to clean/test (I also have one car to get me where I need to go).

They're interesting. But, I'm all about stock in the highly engineer 100 series. When I find anything not stock on one of my restore projects, I replace with stock or just remove. That way I'm not chasing my tail when issues arises, and I know I'm not causing issues to arise.

That said; Toyota did go to the 12 hole FI, subsequently, in many models including the 200 series.

They're interesting. But, I'm all about stock in the highly engineer 100 series. When I find anything not stock on one of my restore projects, I replace with stock or just remove. That way I'm not chasing my tail when issues arises, and I know I'm not causing issues to arise.

That said; Toyota did go to the 12 hole FI, subsequently, in many models including the 200 series.

I am of the same thought process (though sometimes financials limit that), but Denso (even 'remanned' Denso) has never ever let me down. (8x OEM 12 Hole (Maximize Performance) Denso Fuel injectors for Toyota-Lexus 4.7L 714046809397 | eBay). Bosch also makes (made) good injectors (look at the Mercedes 300Ds that don't need injectors for the lifespan of the car). As stated above, too, as Technology advances, we will get better parts from better engineers with better technology.

Still very happy with mine. Just got 16.4 MPG on the highway at an actual 69 mph on 87 octane fuel. The best I have ever gotten in the last 10 years is 15.5. I recently put on 91 octane and I am loving the extra power. If anyone is in or visiting the Spokane area they are welcome to take my LX for a spin.....

I did the injector swap. No problems- So far(3000 miles later). Feels like the car has more mid end.
Did you use dirty deeds??

Also has anyone done the intake mod?? My 470 has the aluminum one. So that would be nice to free that up. If it’s somewhat easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom