My 80 series Duramax swap build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is really cool. Thanks for documenting your work along the way. I would like to see a video or two of the truck driving around.

I watched the YT video, very cool. So the truck got sold to a dealer in NH and now that dealer put it on BaT? Do I have this correct?

Did it ever get tuned beyond stock besides removing EGR?
How many gallons is the fuel tank?
Did you ever change out the OME setup in the front/rear? You mentioned you either had to raise the front or lower the rear. How's the stiffness in the ride? I had the heavy setup with bumpers, roof rack, and swing out and my 80 was kind of brutal hitting speed bumps or potholes.

Beautiful build. Thank you for sharing

If there's an 80 that "spins" the 4 wheels this would be it. From the listing:

1675444612426.png

Why do we think this keeps moving around? What're we not seeing? 🤔

It was BAT as stated above and didn't meet the $28k reserve. This is back in Nov 2022.

It was BAT as stated above and didn't meet the $28k reserve. This is back in Nov 2022.
Yea I reached out to the guy that bought it from me and put it on BAT and he said it didn’t sell and he still had it so I’m guessing he put it back up, he was a dealership so I can see why

I was the high bidder on that BAT auction. But the reserve was 35k. Given this thread and knowing it still wasn’t quite finished and had some stuff that needed to be done that would cost a few more grand, and the fact that the market cooled down, 28 was as high as I wanted to go and I honestly think that’s the worth.

The idea of the swap is awesome. Seems to drive and run great. But they also forget that while this is a unique swap, it’s also a unique swap. So there’s plenty of headaches possibly down the road as well in comparison to an LS that’s been done 1000 times.

They didn’t want to budge, so I left it at that and jumped in a mint 350 swapped 62 series for a fraction of the cost. They also just listed an LM7 swapped 62 series for $45k, and they’ll be sitting on that for a while too. The market has cooled down considerably.

I was the high bidder on that BAT auction. But the reserve was 35k. Given this thread and knowing it still wasn’t quite finished and had some stuff that needed to be done that would cost a few more grand, and the fact that the market cooled down, 28 was as high as I wanted to go and I honestly think that’s the worth.

The idea of the swap is awesome. Seems to drive and run great. But they also forget that while this is a unique swap, it’s also a unique swap. So there’s plenty of headaches possibly down the road as well in comparison to an LS that’s been done 1000 times.

They didn’t want to budge, so I left it at that and jumped in a mint 350 swapped 62 series for a fraction of the cost. They also just listed an LM7 swapped 62 series for $45k, and they’ll be sitting on that for a while too. The market has cooled down considerably.
Thanks for the information, much appreciated.

Any time. It’s a great truck but yea I wouldn’t be going over 30k on it given what it still needs like the pinion overdrive, etc

Can you expand on this? Really cool swap @Drewthecarguy ! I cannot believe how fast you were able to get it together from start to finish. Honestly, I have never seen a DIY swap of any kind completed in less than year.

Can you expand on this? Really cool swap @Drewthecarguy ! I cannot believe how fast you were able to get it together from start to finish. Honestly, I have never seen a DIY swap of any kind completed in less than year.
Funny you say that, check out my Tacoma build, it’s a first of its kind and I completed it in a month or two My engine swapped 3rd Gen build thread - https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/my-engine-swapped-3rd-gen-build-thread.790151/#post-28286102

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom