My 80 series Duramax swap build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Power steering lines I used the line from the the Van, cut the end off, put the toyota fitting on there and flared it just like OEM, No leaks so far.

For brakes, I ditched the hydro stuff and I’m running an electric vacuum pump to feed the booster and it works great
Nice. I wondered if you went with a vacuum pump.

Where in southern IL? I’m about 4 hours from St. Louis

I’ll be up there in the next couple months. I’d like to check this thing out if we can get together.

In the meantime post more pics!

Did you do the full 2.5” lift or just the front? Side profile?
Will do, yes I did the whole 2.5 heavy lift, just finished putting the rear on last night, we should meet up sometime I “should” have this almost completely done by the end of next week, still working out a few bugs,

Anyone know how the fuel level sensor works? I brought a ground and sender wire from the sending unit to my cluster but still doesn’t work, the service manual says something about putting a battery to a wire to test resistance so I’m not sure if I need a 3rd wire

Will do, yes I did the whole 2.5 heavy lift, just finished putting the rear on last night, we should meet up sometime I “should” have this almost completely done by the end of next week, still working out a few bugs,

Anyone know how the fuel level sensor works? I brought a ground and sender wire from the sending unit to my cluster but still doesn’t work, the service manual says something about putting a battery to a wire to test resistance so I’m not sure if I need a 3rd wire

On the Landcruiser sender? I can get diagrams.

Found year model in earlier post.

Not Sure if this helps any. Looks like power to the gauge and ground signal from the sender with another wire for the low fuel light.

8E7BA137-F779-459F-90C5-FF8805513DC0.jpeg

Gauge cluster set up is pretty much wrapped up now. Thanks to Selkirk off-road for helping out with the cluster bezel it turned out great
Just need to add a relay for the bright light indicator since Toyotas are a ground switch

5EB3E9A4-394A-4A03-9088-B6EFD48A0773.jpeg
31A57A93-586B-43AE-8054-7767897EE649.jpeg
53BD2219-EE45-40B9-BED9-95B8F421095B.jpeg

I am now driving this thing around and starting to put miles on it and I can tell you what a huge upgrade, it’s not super fast by no means “yet” because I am still running the stock van tune which is only like 250 horsepower but it pulls itself soooooo nicely down the road

That turned out great. It looks like In the last picture you have the hood on, did you have to cut it any?

lokar shifter for the 4l80?

That turned out great. It looks like In the last picture you have the hood on, did you have to cut it any?

lokar shifter for the 4l80?
Yea today I’ll try to get some better pictures of everything done. Hood shuts no problem with no cutting, and yea lokar shifter for the 4l80, I was going to try and use the stock shifter but got tired of trying to piece it together and just be done with it

Yea today I’ll try to get some better pictures of everything done. Hood shuts no problem with no cutting, and yea lokar shifter for the 4l80, I was going to try and use the stock shifter but got tired of trying to piece it together and just be done with it

Awesome. Looking forward to more pictures.

I’ve still got some bugs to work out, I need to either lift the front or drop the rear more it sits to uneven for me, if I lift the front I’ll be putting some new wheels and 35’s on it to fill in the fender gap, TCC isn’t locking up so I have some wiring to chase down, besides that really it’s just cleaning things up
01F632F3-62C0-4EDA-B333-F190FFCB1EBF.jpeg
DD3762E4-61B0-41D7-A60E-71D2C8819316.jpeg
6DA9DBAB-99DD-4538-B8FA-7E9A0D9CA56E.jpeg
98F06909-9B7A-4550-B8CE-F7D82B0DF365.jpeg

Very unsuspecting.

How’d the exhaust turn out?

Looks like you need some bigger tires 😉
Exhaust turned out ok, local exhaust guy did what he could, 3 inch was the biggest he could do plus the part that goes up and over the frame was a bare, I wrapped the exhaust in the engine bay to help keep the heat out and it’s working pretty good

Looking great. Awesome work.

Part time transfer case yet or are you still running the factory setup?
Does it torque steer (if not part time yet)?
Plans for ac?

3” will be plenty fine at power levels the stock 4l80 can handle. Also you said you are running the stock lmm van tune still? I’m assuming it had been tuned to the point to filter and egr turned off and security removed?

Where did you source the air to water cooler setup? I’m Always looking for quality stuff.

Also what was ambient temp in that driving picture? Trying to get a feel for your intake temp split.

You can see you have my attention 😂

Looking great. Awesome work.

Part time transfer case yet or are you still running the factory setup?
Does it torque steer (if not part time yet)?
Plans for ac?

3” will be plenty fine at power levels the stock 4l80 can handle. Also you said you are running the stock lmm van tune still? I’m assuming it had been tuned to the point to filter and egr turned off and security removed?

Where did you source the air to water cooler setup? I’m Always looking for quality stuff.

Also what was ambient temp in that driving picture? Trying to get a feel for your intake temp split.

You can see you have my attention 😂
Still stock transfer case, no torque steer whatsoever, pulls straight as an arrow

I just sent my ECM to the LT1 swap guy and had all the stuff turned off but he didn’t know how to change tunes so I just left it for now

Air to water intercooler is off the silicon intake store and it’s great quality, not like some polished up turd, it’s straight basic solid built intercooler

Temp was about 82 or so, I’m thinking my intake temp sensor might be off, it’s been acting weird, I have a temperature sending unit in the bottom of my intercooler water reservoir for the Dakato digital cluster but haven’t programmed it in yet, so I can better keep an eye on the water temp instead of air temp to see how efficient it is

Still stock transfer case, no torque steer whatsoever, pulls straight as an arrow

I just sent my ECM to the LT1 swap guy and had all the stuff turned off but he didn’t know how to change tunes so I just left it for now

Air to water intercooler is off the silicon intake store and it’s great quality, not like some polished up turd, it’s straight basic solid built intercooler

Temp was about 82 or so, I’m thinking my intake temp sensor might be off, it’s been acting weird, I have a temperature sending unit in the bottom of my intercooler water reservoir for the Dakato digital cluster but haven’t programmed it in yet, so I can better keep an eye on the water temp instead of air temp to see how efficient it is

That’s funny. Brenden from lt1 swap is a good friend. Small world. He lives about 10 minutes from me.

I’ve still got some bugs to work out, I need to either lift the front or drop the rear more it sits to uneven for me, if I lift the front I’ll be putting some new wheels and 35’s on it to fill in the fender gap, TCC isn’t locking up so I have some wiring to chase down, besides that really it’s just cleaning things upView attachment 3077239View attachment 3077240View attachment 3077241View attachment 3077242
What is that open tube next to the maf sensor? Is that open to the atmosphere? That gauge cluster is cool. Does it have locker actuator indicators in it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom