My 40 stinks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need an exhaust. Would you all recommend a bolt on from one of the vendors, and if so which one?
Or would I be better off going to a exhaust shop and have them twist me one up?

I have a 78 with no cat, and the exhaust runs under the skidplate. I want the new system to run over the skid.

Thanks in advance.

I would take it a competent shop. Tell them exactly what you want in terms of routing. I used a bolt together system on my MG and still ended up having a shop modify it to make it work better.

i recommend the manafre kit that is matched with their 6-1 headers. very clean looking. the only thing is that i didnt pay for it, the po did...so i dont know how much it will set you back, but i like it! 8)

Thank's guys, a shop it is.

I'd go your route FatKid, but I have no header. :D

I have SOR's clamp on. It works fine, but there are small leaks at the joints. I like the idea of being able to take things apart and move them: came in real handy when I rearranged things for fitting the winch and PTO, and putting it all above the skid plate I aquired. I had the shop weld the one joint at the flange for my MAF Header pipe when I had everything else where I wanted it. Anyone have a reversable way of effectively sealing the small leaks in and out of the muffler?

[quote author=ScottFJ40 link=board=1;threadid=3716;start=0#msg27419 date=1058449917]
Thank's guys, a shop it is.

I'd go your route FatKid, but I have no header. :D
[/quote]

they have a pipe to go from the flange up to the stock manifold... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom