My 40 stinks

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by ScottFJ40, Jul 16, 2003.

1. ScottFJ40

ScottFJ40

I need an exhaust. Would you all recommend a bolt on from one of the vendors, and if so which one?
    Or would I be better off going to a exhaust shop and have them twist me one up?

I have a 78 with no cat, and the exhaust runs under the skidplate. I want the new system to run over the skid.

Thanks in advance.

2. 73lndcrsr

73lndcrsr

I would take it a competent shop. Tell them exactly what you want in terms of routing. I used a bolt together system on my MG and still ended up having a shop modify it to make it work better.

3. CruisinGA

CruisinGA

good shop no question.

4. PHAT MAX

PHAT MAX

i recommend the manafre kit that is matched with their 6-1 headers. very clean looking. the only thing is that i didnt pay for it, the po did...so i dont know how much it will set you back, but i like it! 8)

5. ScottFJ40

ScottFJ40

Thank's guys, a shop it is.

I'd go your route FatKid, but I have no header. :D

6. IDave

IDave

Media:
    Albums:
    I have SOR's clamp on. It works fine, but there are small leaks at the joints. I like the idea of being able to take things apart and move them: came in real handy when I rearranged things for fitting the winch and PTO, and putting it all above the skid plate I aquired. I had the shop weld the one joint at the flange for my MAF Header pipe when I had everything else where I wanted it. Anyone have a reversable way of effectively sealing the small leaks in and out of the muffler?

7. PHAT MAX

PHAT MAX

[quote author=ScottFJ40 link=board=1;threadid=3716;start=0#msg27419 date=1058449917]
    Thank's guys, a shop it is.

I'd go your route FatKid, but I have no header. :D
    [/quote]

they have a pipe to go from the flange up to the stock manifold... :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.