Moving up to 37’s, advice requested (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looking cool is one thing, not rubbing is another. -12 offset is the key to minimal rubbing and not chopping up your rig for clearance.
Cptn ob: Everything is a give-get and what makes ya happy. There's a finite amount of space. Move the tire in or out, frwd or aft. Adjust accordingly, but stilts is a non-starter 4 moi.

To move up to 37’s, there are a lot of options. Depends on your driving style (lots of skinny pedal vs crawling over obstacles), your terrain, and how deep you want to go into strengthening your truck.

Suggest keeping the lift 2” to 3” to keep your center of gravity as low as possible. The lower the lift, the more fender and wheel well trimming you’ll need. I’m on 37’s with a 3” lift and 1” body lift. @Broski is on 39’s with a 2” lift. His truck height is lower than mine and is one of the most capable rigs out there. Check out his thread. You might avoid buying a double cardan front driveshaft with a smaller lift?

I had to trim 1 1/2” off the the rear fenders and I still rub at max flex. Taller lift, less trimming, more top heavy and tippy. Shorter lift, more trimming, better stability. Lots of compromise to consider based on your type of wheeling and willingness to cut.

I agree with @Slickspawn that moving the front axle forward .62” to 1.00” to helps clear the firewall and fender. Delta VS LONG version 3” arms move 1” forward and adjust your camber at the same time.

Heavier tires and loads on the truck arguably can use upgrades to brakes, steering components and links. 105 sector shaft and pitman arm, upgraded tie rod and steering bar with 555 ends, upgraded upper and lower control arms. I like the Eimkeith lower control arm skids to protect the mounts.

Upgrading front axles to RCV 4340 or 300m is good preventative maintenance if your driving in the rocks. Details like
ARP knuckle studs, hub stubs and Wits’ End “Nut Huggers” are good additions.

I’m assuming you already have
Extended SS Braided Brake lines and E-brake drop block.

Look forward to seeing your results !!

Last edited:
Cptn ob: Everything is a give-get and what makes ya happy. There's a finite amount of space. Move the tire in or out, frwd or aft. Adjust accordingly, but stilts is a non-starter 4 moi.
#NotStilts
8B1941C4-C82E-4FFC-8489-CA6A77309D9E.png

Needs an airbrushed wolf scene on the tailgate and the latest JC Whitney catalog

I'm on 37's as of a few months ago. Delta 3L arms up front but now I rub my Shortbus... 2-3" ish Dobinsons lift w/ stock length rear panhard with Delta bracket. Wheels are RRW RR-7 beadlocks 17x8.5/-25. Maxxis Razrs that measure a very true 37. Does it rub? I don't really know yet as I havent cycled it too much yet. Daily driving around town and hitting some ruts and such and no issues so far.View attachment 3100589
Love the 96 Rock plate! I miss that station. Grew up in the ATL. Upside down because the station is dead?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom