Mounting Front Driving Lights - Stock Bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FWIW, the IP6's are tight. Switch in area where a key would normally go works well. Yellow tint is aggressive but we'll see if it's worth it in a few days :)

If yo happy with the functionality I‘m interested in a set. Let us know when you have an idea on pricing. Thanks👍

Super happy. Front of car remains unchanged and both on highway and trail, they project clean and well. When I first got them, I noticed the steel mounts have a little flex to them... in practice, it's great. You can see them in the front camera but still retain functionality.

If what they charged for install and custom fabrication is an indication of what's to come, I think you'll be pretty stoked on the cost as well.

That's 2.

Super happy. Front of car remains unchanged and both on highway and trail, they project clean and well. When I first got them, I noticed the steel mounts have a little flex to them... in practice, it's great. You can see them in the front camera but still retain functionality.

If what they charged for install and custom fabrication is an indication of what's to come, I think you'll be pretty stoked on the cost as well.

That's 2.
Awesome to hear they are working well for you and looking forward to hearing if they can produce a few sets of these. Let us know and thanks!

Awesome to hear they are working well for you and looking forward to hearing if they can produce a few sets of these. Let us know and thanks!

Confirmed I can go in at end of January for the tabs to be replicated. Our options are group buy at 10 or one off (but they'll have the dimensions). Think we can get to 10? I asked for pricing in both models and will share back what I hear. I also asked for pricing with the Baja Designs lights... the price they gave me beat any I found on the internet...

Confirmed I can go in at end of January for the tabs to be replicated. Our options are group buy at 10 or one off (but they'll have the dimensions). Think we can get to 10? I asked for pricing in both models and will share back what I hear. I also asked for pricing with the Baja Designs lights... the price they gave me beat any I found on the internet...
Awesome to see this come together - thanks so much! Let us know what you hear back on pricing.
Happy New Year everyone.

Very interested in the price point of the mounts only. IMO, the BDs look great, but I think a set of ARB Solis lights would fit the location with their flat bottom design. They would tuck in well to the bumper.

Of interest, they went UNDER the grill and no fit issues, everything seems really secure but not what I would have guessed.

My only concern with this design is marring of the bumper from the mounting tabs deflecting due to the weight/leverage of the driving lamps at the end of the tabs. Maybe this is not a big issue for pavement driving, but I would expect some deflection of the tabs offroad - especially washboard roads. Any feedback on this? From the photo you posted, it looks like there is little to no tolerance between the tab and the bumper? I circled and highlighted the area in question in the below photo:

FA056FD4-0404-45FA-A210-276CD0499839.jpeg

Thanks again for taking the lead on this!

Last edited:
@yonah - This was my concern as well.... figured if it broke, I'd go ARB. That being said, I've got 4k miles with them now and am currently sitting in NW Montana, 25 miles from the closest pavement and have at least 500 dirt miles with them. Good as new. Tiny bit of surface rust on my tabs but the run would be done in aluminum to make that a non issue.

The lights have a slight bit of flex in the mount and the metal seems to absorb the bouncing more than the bumper. Nothing is loose, just a slight bit of flex in the metal.

20210104_081827.jpg

My issue is that on my cruiser at least, that gap is almost nonexistent. For a piece of flat stock to be stuffed through there something has been flexed out of place, likely the bumper skin because the grille is harder plastic. This means the bracket would be rubbing on the painted surface of the bumper, possibly require trimming of the back edge of the bumper, etc. But I think they did this to make it easy to support the bracket for front to back movement.

I’d want the bracket to protrude through the slats in the grille, personally. This would require no modifications to the bumper skin or grille, and if done well wouldn’t contact any painted/prepped surface. This would complicate the forward/backward support, probably requiring a separate horizontal leg off the vertical bar to tie into the metal bumper support, vs just bolting the light mount bracket itself to the top of the bumper support.

I finally arranged to borrow a welder some time in January and will be working on something of my own. Will post here when I do.

I’m attaching pictures of the gap on my 2013 cruiser. It is about 1/32” without pressure, squeezing as hard as I can that grows to less than 1/8”. Not wide enough to get material I’d think is stiff enough through, let alone without contact.

BE1039DB-9B50-49CF-BB3E-5BF314B571D5.jpeg

93EE63E0-BDF3-4D5B-BC97-DF78E6545C45.jpeg

Last edited:
Just back from 5600 miles with plenty of washboard and trail thrown in. All good. Texted the guys to see when they might be able to run a batch of brackets. Lights and brackets worked great. Little bounce at 80 mph on chopped up cement but not sure this would be fixed even by a metal bumper :)

Speaking of which - Might get a metal bumper purely due to number of animals + narrow roads + high speeds + a little incident with a brick of ice - but want to see what that will require to keep the nose up, brakes happy-ish, etc.

Will let y'all know what I hear.

20210115_204844.jpg

Here are a couple of photos from the 200-series Facebook group. A member there posted some photos of his 200 with a set of homemade mounts for two circular driving lamps. It’s a great look for sure:

View attachment 2484525View attachment 2484526

Tagging @sleeoffroad to see if the team there might be interested in offering a solution 🤞😀
Hey that’s me!👋🏽 Let me find my pics and I’ll post my solution.

I'm thinking...possibly I could fabricate something similar with some 1515 1.5" square 80/20 as the vertical, with a gusseted baseplate and a gusseted cantilevered mount projecting forward. I think for the LP9s a top stabilizer would be needed. I had a set on my FJ factory bumper (steel reinforcement underneath) and they wobbled too much for my liking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom