Mounting Front Driving Lights - Stock Bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all.

I use the capabilites of the LC200 on dirt roads in winter conditions that turn into muck roads, but do not run any trails. Although all the replacement bumpers look way cool, I don't think I will be going that far with any mods as at the end of the day, this is the family transport rig in the fleet.

But, I would like to mount some big round auxilliary driving lights on the front as some of the roads we are on in the dead of a winter night are super dark.

Has anyone figured out how to mount auxilliary lights on the LC200 without going through the step of a new front bumper or bull bar?

Pics and/or instructions would be greatly appreciated.

I was in the same boat as you with the front bumper...and not really needing it. As a solution, I purchased a KC Lites light bar. They don't have one for the LC, but I bought a '07 Tundra one, and with some light grinding, it fits great. I have 4 PIAAs mounted (two spot and two floods). The good thing about this is it wasn't too expensive, and it mounts to the frame at the tow hooks (tow hooks stay in place). I will post some pics later tonight, not sure I have any pictures of it all on. I've been busy driving the thing.

bring it down to whiteplains and I bet my friend and I could think up of something, he did a special light bracket mount for his WRX, anything is possible.

Crazy888888s...

Just saw on another thread that a new member "ARBFORLC200" mounted a product to hold 2 lights. The product is called "Light Wing" and it is made by Carr Inc. Here is a linky:

CARR Light Wings

This looks like a much cleaner and less obtrusive option to your dilema than my KC light bar.

I can't take any credit for this find, and don't know anything about the product, other than what the website shows. ARBFORLC200 posted this up on the Official ARB install thread, and maybe they can chime in more about the product and it's usefullness. Just thought it would suit your need based upon our discussions.

:cheers:

Crazy888888s...

Just saw on another thread that a new member "ARBFORLC200" mounted a product to hold 2 lights. The product is called "Light Wing" and it is made by Carr Inc. Here is a linky:

CARR Light Wings

This looks like a much cleaner and less obtrusive option to your dilema than my KC light bar.

I can't take any credit for this find, and don't know anything about the product, other than what the website shows. ARBFORLC200 posted this up on the Official ARB install thread, and maybe they can chime in more about the product and it's usefullness. Just thought it would suit your need based upon our discussions.

:cheers:

Nice find, dude! Cool idea for the low impact look. I guess you just feather the wire leads through the grill and can finish them with those flexi tube things. I would worry about light wobble at speed, but might be worth a shot.

Thanks!:cheers:

... I would worry about light wobble at speed...

I guess I would try something relatively small to start with.

Curious to see how exactly it mounts though. Maybe there's a way to beef up the mounting.

Ive seen em, they're as sturdy as the bumper they're mounted to. Steel bumpers are best.

Ive seen em, they're as sturdy as the bumper they're mounted to. Steel bumpers are best.

:cool:

Could you mount something as big as Hella's Rallye 4000's or Light Force 240's w/o having any concerns with vibrations or having them fall off?

oh hell no. they wouldnt even be enough clearance from the bumper in the first place, plus its only being held on by the bolts/screws that go into the PLASTIC bumper.

for 4000s/240s you're gonna need some steel, mounted to the frame.

LC200 003.jpg

LC200 004.jpg

I uploaded the IPF 900 xs HID lights mounting pictures. I had the dealer installed them by mounting using Light Wing CARR product. The procedure is a little more involved than hanging it through the existing license plate holder. What they did was removing the bumper, insert a heavy galvenized steel plate between the Light Wing and the bumper in order to make a rigid mounting surface. The rest is all good. The product is made out of solid aluminium and it does not flex or bow. This gives me a good off road lights when needed. One thing good about using your authorized dealer....if it falls off......back to the dealer it goes.

Hope this help.
LC200 003.jpg
LC200 004.jpg

Neat Idea....wonder if they wobble at all.

View attachment 279813

View attachment 279814

I uploaded the IPF 900 xs HID lights mounting pictures. I had the dealer installed them by mounting using Light Wing CARR product. The procedure is a little more involved than hanging it through the existing license plate holder. What they did was removing the bumper, insert a heavy galvenized steel plate between the Light Wing and the bumper in order to make a rigid mounting surface. The rest is all good. The product is made out of solid aluminium and it does not flex or bow. This gives me a good off road lights when needed. One thing good about using your authorized dealer....if it falls off......back to the dealer it goes.

Hope this help.

That looks TIGHT!!! (As in space!:hillbilly:)

But it's not too shabby! ;)

I guess the picture didn't reveal the whole mounting set up. They shock isolated the hardware by using a combination of washers and hard rubber mounting plates with a good application of loc-tite fluids. The Toyota dealer in my area did a great job and guaranteed all their work. Internal electrical harness and ballast box were well positioned and professionally mounted as if they were factory installed.

Tested out at a trail near where I am at .....trail rating at a 4... (1 = easy to 10= Rubicon type difficulty) and these lights held up very well. Under worse-on-worse condition (i.e. I was bouncing up and down in my seat) they did wobble a bit but so does the entire OEM headlight beam. Of course, this is not a substitute for ARB bull bar, but it answers my specific needs for now.

thanks...it looks tight....but those spaces are dead space. No reason for me to reach in those areas unless I am changing out the bulb!

Bumping this to see if anyone has come up with anything else...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom