Mounting frame plate for fj60 steering box for conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

When you go to power steering you will probably not want the old huge steering wheel. It will not be as responsive as the smaller steering wheel.
So I kept the old wheel column and I dig it. It cruises on the highway smooth as can be and handles the rocks just fine. The only complaint is the clearance of getting in and out. That being said, once I’m in I’m as comfy as can be. All I’m saying is give the big wheel a shot they’re pretty cool.

So I kept the old wheel column and I dig it. It cruises on the highway smooth as can be and handles the rocks just fine. The only complaint is the clearance of getting in and out. That being said, once I’m in I’m as comfy as can be. All I’m saying is give the big wheel a shot they’re pretty cool.

If that works for you great. On my steep heavily wooded land, to make my trails more difficult, I made the trails very tight, off camber and technical. I am constantly turning the wheel to avoid trees or to get thru to the next obstacle, which usually has another inconvenient tree strategically left to make the obstacle even more difficult. I've made a sort of exoskeleton around the back of the tub to protect the top rail of the tub. Rarely can I run the trails without rubbing on a tree.

I swapped out an FJ60 steering wheel. It works great, I just had to install the spring pins to cancel the turn signals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom