Mounting A/C unit in car (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone, just struggled figuring out where to mount said aircon. Has anyone ever mounted this to the cab? If so where!!!
image.jpg

Hey everyone, just struggled figuring out where to mount said aircon. Has anyone ever mounted this to the cab? If so where!!!
View attachment 3499144

Take out a side window. Replace it with some raw plywood. Screw AC unit to ply, and bolt a generator on the roof to run it.
Should only need 1 cartoon of VB and a saturday afternoon to knock this out

:lol:

You trolling, or what?

Either way, you do know that's only half of the system?
Hey CFJ. My next question was where I mount the condenser unit. Was thinking on a swing away tyre carrier or maybe even on the roof, thanks.

I would just design air conditioner suit and helmet. Just slip that bad boy on and hit the open road. This would also allow you to drive with windows open but you stay cold in your air conditioner suit! Now you could even get rid of the ac in your car freeing up some horse power and a mpg boost as well!!

I would just design air conditioner suit and helmet. Just slip that bad boy on and hit the open road. This would also allow you to drive with windows open but you stay cold in your air conditioner suit! Now you could even get rid of the ac in your car freeing up some horse power and a mpg boost as well!!
Water to air system at that using urine and diarrhea as the swamp part of the system

Toss the 80 and get a ute/trayback. Common in Newman (WA) on company cruisers (at least it was) - they rip out the rear glass of the ute and install an old style room AC (not a split unit) on brackets and run a genset in the back. More efficient and better than idling a vehicle for hours on the minesite (where it gets to 40-45C for days on end in the summer). No urine required :hillbilly:

cheers,
george.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom