Climate controls unit repairs? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Box Rocket

SILVER Star
Threads
I've lost a few of the lights in the climate control unit in my 80. Is there a reliable source people are using for repairs of the lighting and replacement buttons? Or is there a replacement unit source? Any direction would be appreciated.

Untitled by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

Can't answer your question about the lights but I ordered the buttons/switches from Partsouq as they became available.

I've lost a few of the lights in the climate control unit in my 80. Is there a reliable source people are using for repairs of the lighting and replacement buttons? Or is there a replacement unit source? Any direction would be appreciated.

Untitled by Adam Tolman, on Flickr
Which lights are out? The 3 illumination bulbs or the on indicators in the buttons?
The 3 illumination bulbs are easy.
The on indicators are soldered in.

Replacement button part numbers are bulb info here.

I got all new buttons from Partsouq and/or Amayama and replaced all the bulbs in mine as well. All in was like $50 shipped to my door. Easy afternoon project.

IMG_3574.jpeg

Which lights are out? The 3 illumination bulbs or the on indicators in the buttons?
The 3 illumination bulbs are easy.
The on indicators are soldered in.

Replacement button part numbers are bulb info here.
I think only one of the illumination bulbs is working...sort of....it flickers badly. The other two don't work. I'll have to look at the on/off lights again to be sure but I'm fairly certain those are also out.
I got all new buttons from Partsouq and/or Amayama and replaced all the bulbs in mine as well. All in was like $50 shipped to my door. Easy afternoon project.

View attachment 3588228
Thanks Ryan! I definitely need to replace the buttons so I'll hop on Partsouq and load up. Did you need to replaced the soldered in illumination bulbs or just the on/off switch bulbs?

There's 3 bulbs in the back of it, pretty easy to replace. I was able to find/order all the buttons from partsouq. Easy peasy

Got the dash pulled and checked the climate module. Switch lights are functioning so I just needed to replace the 3 illumination bulbs. Easy Peasy and working great now. The buttons are still pretty worn so I ordered a full set of new ones from Partsouq and Amayama. Will be nice to have it looking fresh again. I also had one bad bulb in the gauge cluster so I pulled the cluster and replaced the bad bulb and checked the rest of them. Ended up just putting fresh LEDs in all the gauge cluster sockets. I just went with white LED bulbs in the cluster. Matches well with the head unit etc.
Steering wheel cover by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

I think only one of the illumination bulbs is working...sort of....it flickers badly. The other two don't work. I'll have to look at the on/off lights again to be sure but I'm fairly certain those are also out.

Thanks Ryan! I definitely need to replace the buttons so I'll hop on Partsouq and load up. Did you need to replaced the soldered in illumination bulbs or just the on/off switch bulbs?
Sorry man- I was outta town all weekend for work. Looks like you beat me to it...and it looks great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom