For Sale Most recent 200 Series purchase prices (21 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi! IF you're willing to share, I thought it might be helpful for the rest of us to better understand what the market prices are for the 200 series (and LX 570 I suppose). I'm personally looking for one, have found a few, and curious what others' purchase prices have been so I can negotiate (or not) properly.

Please share purchase price, year, mileage at purchase, and location (east/west/south, etc...)

Thanks and happy hunting for those also looking.

Tires will likely not impact trading into a dealer, but maybe to private buyer. Definitely shop around dealers as you might be able to pick up an $1000 or $2000.

That being said, I would say this is in the realistic $37K-$41K range to sell within a week or two, with $43K being insanely clean but sitting and waiting for the right buyer and having to be really patient. Could go higher as well, as a 2013 with 100K just sold on Bring a trailer for $52K (however that will probably be 6-8 weeks out and if it is not super clean, will not reach anywhere near that). But if you need to get rid of it, you can def get some more on top of the dealer trade in of $32K.

Competitors (and stated list price, so assume some negotiation down)
(MUD) $43K 2013 100K Extra Clean - For Sale - UPDATE: Going to BaT: 2013 200 Series - St. Louis, Missouri - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/update-going-to-bat-2013-200-series-st-louis-missouri.1293525/ <<< Closest, did not sell on forums at $43K but this is the one that hit $52K on BaT and I would say is not market representative / very optimistic.
(MUD) $45K 2015 120K miles - For Sale - SE Kansas: 2015 Land Cruiser 200 Series MINT - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/se-kansas-2015-land-cruiser-200-series-mint.1303554/ -Not sold
(MUD) $50K 2013 120K mods mods - SOLD - Mildly Built 2013 in South Florida - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/mildly-built-2013-in-south-florida.1311870/ -Sold
(MUD) $38K 2013 130K mods -SOLD - 2013 Land Cruiser, Norfolk, VA - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/2013-land-cruiser-norfolk-va.1306448/ - Sold
(MUD) $42K 2013 105K - SOLD - 2013 Toyota Land Cruiser - 104k miles - Bellevue, WA - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/2013-toyota-land-cruiser-104k-miles-bellevue-wa.1306530/ - Sold
(Non Mud Dealer) - $37K 2014 130K - Autotrader - page unavailable - https://www.autotrader.com/marketplace/buy/toyota/land-cruiser/2014/JTMHY7AJ5E4025584?listingId=668984870
(Non Mud Dealer) - $38K 2013 120K - Autotrader - page unavailable - https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=682038934
(Non Mud Dealer) - $40K 2013 120K - Autotrader - page unavailable - https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=677184256
Yeah this has me thinking the last 9 months I wasn’t looking, I missed a few good deals compared to what I posted…

This one looks to be a heck of deal if you’re wanting one built out with all that off road stuff. Much better value than the $142k one at Kings Chariot (Love the build, not the price) and just yesterday Ed Martin listed a similar one for $174k lmao
It’s a steal compared to the other listings.

What are your guys thoughts on the 2017 LX570 with 26K miles for $66k? I would say it's in perfect condition.
Recent comparison from WA and CO I've seen LC listing for a couple older (~2014) with less than 50k on the clock for 55-65. This is newer but has a Lexus badge. I'd say it's a decent price.

I'm currently working on importing a Canadian LX (Vancouver) for ~40 after import fees. 2011 with about 60k miles on the clock and clean history.

In my recent experience it really just depends on your knowledge of value and the particular dealer you are working with.

Using my 4R as an example I had a dealer in California offer me $52k, a dealer in Vegas $45k (eventually came up to $47k), and the dealer I am buying my 200 from in Illinois came in at $48k first offer.

I think you will have a similar experience with your LC if you shop around. This one is tough but see if you can find someone willing to pull Manheim (MRR) for you. That will give you an idea of what it’s truly worth to a dealership.

Could you clarify on this...a dealer is offering you over $40k for what 4Runner? I'm ready to unload ours and get into another 200 series LX that the wife can turn into the next extended closet/storage space

• Haha
Reactions: LCT
Could you clarify on this...a dealer is offering you over $40k for what 4Runner? I'm ready to unload ours and get into another 200 series LX that the wife can turn into the next extended closet/storage space
Absolutely... I have a 2021 4Runner TRD Pro with 38k miles on it. I paid MSRP for it back in April of 2021 which was just a little over $50k. Values are going to vary depending on trim, mileage, age, and condition of course.

I settled on $48k for my trade but was offered as much as $52k by a Toyota dealer in the Los Angeles area and as low as $45k from a Lotus dealership in Vegas. For what it's worth the dealer that offered me $48k is a JLR dealership in Peoria, IL. Their Cruiser happened to be the best value IMO out of these 3 I most recently was looking at.

This 2021 HE with only 2 miles, yes 0000002 miles will be interesting to see what it sells for.
Wow, 2 miles is nuts! Thanks for sharing, I’ll definitely be keeping an eye on it.

There will be another one like this going live on BAT soon. 3,700 miles. Currently owned by a YouTube guy.

I’m going take us on a, hopefully, brief tangent…

Question for the 4Runner guys on this thread lately:

I’ve only ever talked to a few 5th gen 4Runner owners. It was interesting how some of them didn’t know what a Land Cruiser was. Is that the norm for that crowd? Did you guys know about the Land Cruiser before you purchased your 4Runners?

Last edited:
I’m going take us on a, hopefully, brief tangent…

Question for the 4Runner guys:

I’ve only ever talked to a few 5th gen 4Runner owners. It was interesting how some of them didn’t know what a Land Cruiser was. Is that the norm for this crowd? Did you guys know about the Land Cruiser before you purchased your 4Runners? Did you just think they were Highlanders?
My first time in a Land Cruiser was in 2019 during a layover in Dubai. I went on one of those desert running excursions in a 200 Series GX-R outfitted with a roll cage. It was ridiculously fun and I couldn’t believe we had just done that in a “Highlander”.

From there I briefly read up on them but honestly nothing piqued my interest. Just sounded like a boring Toyota SUV that would run forever. Fast Forward a couple of years and I was ready to get out of the full size truck game. 4Runners began seeing a resurgence in popularity and sales and I happened to be one of those new comers. (Not my first Toyota however. I had a Tundra 4x4 with the 5.7 in 2014). When I went to pick up my 4R there was a Blizzard Pearl Heritage Edition on the showroom floor that had an asking price of 80 some odd thousand dollars. It was a non starter for me at the time based on price alone and besides that, my heart was set on the 4Runner.

Once I went down the 4R rabbit hole I started to pay a bit more attention to LC’s and really any Toyota 4x4. Then I found this message board and the rest is history.

TLDR: The 4Runner was definitely my gateway drug to the LC.

Wow, 2 miles is nuts! Thanks for sharing, I’ll definitely be keeping an eye on it.

There will be another one like this going live on BAT soon. 3,700 miles. Currently owned by a YouTube guy.
Yes, Untamed Motors announced he is putting his black HE up on BAT. There is also apparently a silver HE with 500 miles out there. Owner is looking for $150,000.

Just picked up a 2019 LX570, 34k Miles, Loaded with HUD, Rear Entertainment, Lux Package. Perfect Carfax with service history every 5k Miles.

Paid $68k +ttl.

View attachment 3339165
2020 with 17k miles. AZ owned truck with a few recent months spent in Illinois. Pretty much stock with the exception of those goofy wheels. Previous owner also added Bilsteins (6112’s I believe from the under body photos I received) and the running boards. $90,000. I have OEM HE wheels on order!
What kind of a****** puts those clown shoes on that rig?

This 2021 HE with only 2 miles, yes 0000002 miles will be interesting to see what it sells for.

Hey gang, I took one for the team and made a bid of $100k. It didn't meet reserve so I'm still planning to pick up my used one in a little over a week. 😂

Last edited:
For the crew, I just sold my 21 silver/terra with 19k miles to a Dallas area dealer for $80,500. Probably could have netted more private sale but chose them for ease of transaction since I owed $28k on it.

For the crew, I just sold my 21 silver/terra with 19k miles to a Dallas area dealer for $80,500. Probably could have netted more private sale but chose them for ease of transaction since I owed $28k on it.
Any specific reason for selling? What are you getting into now?

Hey gang, I took one for the team and made a bid of $100k. It didn't meet reserve so I'm still planning to pick up my used one in a little over a week. 😂

This one is very odd, title says 2021 Toyota Land Cruiser VX-R, trim is listed as VX-R under item specifics.

but

Vehicle Details

NEVER BEEN WASHED STORED INDOORS YAKIMA ROOF RACK IS INCLUDED HAS REAR FOLD DOWN SEATS NOT A VXR MODEL PICTURES TAKEN 06 07 2023 ONE AND ONLY WITH TWO MILES

So which is it?

This one is very odd, title says 2021 Toyota Land Cruiser VX-R, trim is listed as VX-R under item specifics.

but

Vehicle Details

NEVER BEEN WASHED STORED INDOORS YAKIMA ROOF RACK IS INCLUDED HAS REAR FOLD DOWN SEATS NOT A VXR MODEL PICTURES TAKEN 06 07 2023 ONE AND ONLY WITH TWO MILES

So which is it?
I think it’s just an error on the listing or a seller who doesn’t understand the nomenclature. All US spec 200’s were VX-R’s from my understanding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom