Most Desirable Year of Fj60-62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sounds great. I feel awkward buying sometihng with a Chevy engine in it. I'm a bit of a purist at heart..

As evidenced by my Alfa Spider for my summer toy :)

Haha true enough. Is it hard to work on something like this rig? Arent there a lot of custom parts to get that engine in?

I guess the air conditioner lines and power steering lines are custom. This truck must have an adapter to connect the V8 to the 4speed. I don't know the person selling the truck but the truck looks clean on the out side and the new engine looks like a very nice installation.

What do you guys think of a well maintained '87 1 owner FJ60 with about 160k miles on it and one small quarter sized spec of rust on the front fender? They want 3k but I'm thinking 2500 might take it...

What do you guys think of a well maintained '87 1 owner FJ60 with about 160k miles on it and one small quarter sized spec of rust on the front fender? They want 3k but I'm thinking 2500 might take it...

Sounds like a good deal as long as that is the only rust on it.

i'll go with 87 as the best 60 series.

be sure to look at the frame.

in your case aviod v8 conversions, there are no books that can help you if there are problems. the fsms are still availible for these things, but they do not cover v8's.

Going to look at this '87 tonight. Probably take it to be looked at tomorrow if I like the way it runs tonight.

Hey all,

Just sold off the fj40, looking at possibly getting an fj60 or 62. Whats the most desirable year?

A grey 1989 FJ62 with a torn driver's seat, mild shackle lift, tinted windows, engine so clean you can eat off of it (but that would make it messy so nevermind) is the best by far... :grinpimp:

It's pretty obvious that the 60 owners think theirs are the best model while the 62 guys feel the same about their 62s. The real answer is finding the best condition example of either version for the best price which means being patient and getting out there and checking out as many as you can test drive before buying. Living in the metro Denver area gives you a pretty good selection to choose from. If you want to drive a 62 that is well set up, shoot me a pm and good luck on your quest.

Hey all,

Just sold off the fj40, looking at possibly getting an fj60 or 62. Whats the most desirable year? Is the 3f a much better engine vs the 2f? Any major changes throughout the years?

I'll be using it as a daily truck around town for work related items.

I missed one today here in Denver - a '90 that looked rust free for 1800 asking..

Any other thoughts?

1987 FJ60 or 1986 late production

I'd like to buy the '87.... Looks like I can't buy the '87 - Seller decided I was too picky and that he didnt want to sell it any longer lol

the following ad was in the paper today, in casper wyoming. i've no info on the vehicle otherwise, just thought you might be interested. hope it's okay to post it this way too.

TOYOTA 1986 Landcruiser, FJ60
4 dr, red, new tires, engine
less than 100K, $5,000 firm
Call 267-4672 or 267-1180

I have an 87 60 and a 90 62. No contest. Go with the 62. Heavier build, way easier to start. You just can't beat fuel injection. Running a 60 is like beating yourself in the head with a hammer. It feels so good when you stop.

What I said. After a while, that cranky starting problem will just grow really old.

Just drive it daily and it will be fine. :)

I really prefer the 2F w/ manual transmission of the FJ60, but that cold start after sitting a week can be a bear!

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom