Moab disaster turned best experience. Grandpas Garage!!!! BUY THE BRACKET! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Do you need to remove the t-bars completely or just the front section where the FK27 is to be installed?

I was hoping to just unbolt the front and slip in the FK27.
Front only.
Also consider reindexing if your low on threads on the adjuster bolt

Has anyone tried installing these brackets on a rust bucket? The pictures included in this thread show much cleaner surfaces than mine. Am I risking anything by trying to install these?

Has anyone tried installing these brackets on a rust bucket? The pictures included in this thread show much cleaner surfaces than mine. Am I risking anything by trying to install these?
Post a pic or two of your front lower control arms. If the rust is to pint where it's threatening thenm strength of the arms, you might want to consider replacing the arms instead

IMG_20220131_105637514_HDR.jpg

Hard to tell from that angle. Have someone with metal working experience, poke at it and see how bad the rust really is. There seems to be some flaking on the outside.
Usually with the rust, it is worst than it appears. Especially since these things tend to rust from inside out.

Hmmm, I'd be worried. I'd honestly consider a good used set or new set of LCA's on hand along with hardware before you start that project. Then again, we see similar trucks here in Utah on occasion and our guys are able to get them apart without the torch.

I’ve got these mounted up and the upper bolts torqued back down to 165. Getting ready to drill the two lower bracket holes. I’m assuming this gap will pull tight between the bracket and the bottom side of the lower control arm? Wondering if I should pound them more flush with a piece of wood and 5-lb hammer. Thoughts from those who have installed these? Thank you.

E72BEB2C-AAA8-4C0B-8776-481D3A2670C6.jpeg

That’s what I figured. 1st hole closest to the Tbar should suck up most of the gap. Thanks.

Snugged it right up at 35 lbs-ft. Thanks, all.

0323659D-0E32-4353-8A68-50AB39C8D418.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom