Missed out on Hundreds in the Hills? Lets talk (Ideas for Southeastern 100 series event) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

By all means help us make the connections. We will set something up at in Hot springs but I would love it if some others took the initiative to set up some 100 series meetups at Windrock or other places. Find out group rate discounts, set a date, see who wants to go

We would be all in on setting up something at Windrock but logistically I don't have the means to do it so someone more local would have to take the lead on it.

What about Byrd’s Adventure Center in Ozark, AR?? Another great park that’s HUGE. Just throwing options around

What about Byrd’s Adventure Center in Ozark, AR?? Another great park that’s HUGE. Just throwing options around
This is what I am hoping for. I don't have much desire to take the Cruiser down to the Hot Springs ORV park.

Guys HS ORV is not what you are looking for on a long weekend run. Been there. Lots of times. It's a nice place, but you'll be bored in 3-4 hours.

I guess i should qualify this by saying IF you are looking for an exploration / trek kind of experience. The HS ORV is short, quick trail runs.

Last edited:
Guys HS ORV is not what you are looking for on a long weekend run. Been there. Lots of times. It's a nice place, but you'll be bored in 3-4 hours.

I guess i should qualify this by saying IF you are looking for an exploration / trek kind of experience. The HS ORV is short, quick trail runs.

I've never been, but that seems to be an advantage with Windrock. 62,000 acres and over 300 miles of trails. I think with the proper trail leaders, that could keep a few 100's pretty entertained.

I've thought about registering for GSMTR, but not sure how big it is and if it's cool to come a couple days late.

Would definitely be interested depending on dates. Really like the idea of rotating locations each year to make it more accessible for guys on the fringes of the southeast. Lots of good ideas here.

I've never been, but that seems to be an advantage with Windrock. 62,000 acres and over 300 miles of trails. I think with the proper trail leaders, that could keep a few 100's pretty entertained.

I've thought about registering for GSMTR, but not sure how big it is and if it's cool to come a couple days late.

It’s a big event. Best event of the year if you’re in the south east (in my opinion). Great group of folks putting it on. Lots of people stay the entire week, lots more come in throughout the week. There are always people at the main pavilion to welcome/sign in with. I normally head up Wednesday - Sunday.

I've lived in Arkansas the whole time I have owned a 100 series...never been to HS ORV, and only been to Byrd's once on a 4-wheeler...we couldn't figure out where the hell the trails were though!

While a pretty good trek for me, Windrock looks very promising both geographically and trail wise.

I can't believe how many of you guys say camping in the South in the summer is too hot. Isn't that why we live down here? Set up next to some water and take a dip!!
I live down here because my parents moved here when I was in the 10th grade...then I found a super awesome woman and married her, and she isn't going to move any time soon!

Windrock is awesome and would get my vote. It’s also huge. I had a great time at GSMTR this year.

The drive out to HIH is brutal for us southerners. Count me in for whatever and whenever. Although I do prefer to camp when it’s cool at night.

I've been going to windrock for years; only once in the 100 though. It's got tons of trails but knowing which ones to travel down can be a challenge. Easy is practically a graded road. Hard is for rock crawlers. Medium is anything from mild to stuck on a wet clay hill waiting for rescue (for hours). I love the place but don't know it well enough to know which trails work for which vehicles.

Completely different place between wet and dry, too.

You pay per person in the car: $20 per adult per day, $10 per kid 12 and under.

I'm also trying to get to GSMTR this year. Wanted to go for years but have never made it. Trying to convince my wife now!

I'm in the same boat, would like to go to GSMTR, but family vacation might get in the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom