Builds Intro/Eventual Build Thread; 04 LC 71k miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Finally got my first Land Cruiser after searching around the last 5-6 months, trying to find the right fit for me that I could use as daily driver and do some light wheeling/ camping with in the short term. I started looking in a 500 mile radius to me for a 100 series with around 150k miles and solid service history. Had a few pop up that were close to my requirements but I either moved to slow or there were other issues that arose. Eventually started to get anxious so I opened up my search radius quite a bit and that's how I found this gem.

Purchased this 2004 Land Cruiser, with just over 71k miles on the odometer and routine service records at the local Toyota dealership. It has been in San Angelo, Tx it's whole life so the undercarriage is pristine and the interior looks like it just came from the factory. Enough talk though, here are some pictures of the new ride.
IMG_0175.jpg
IMG_0176.jpg
IMG_0177.jpg
IMG_0178.jpg

Buying sight unseen based off only pictures was quite nerve racking, but I put a deposit on it the day it was posted on Autotrader because I knew someone else would snatch it up if I didn't.

When I finally got it shipped to me last week, I could tell how well it was taken care of and how little use it got
IMG_0179.jpg
IMG_0180.jpg
IMG_0183.jpg

Still had the dvd controller and headphones still in original packaging. Back seats look like they have rarely been used.

IMG_0181.jpg

Drool. Mind sharing ballpark price?

Wow, lucky man. That was the color combo I was searching for 3 years ago. I think they only made 10 green ‘04’s. Great find.

Yeah after taxes and shipping it was obviously a bit more but am still happy.

Speaking of shipping, thanks to @Riverrunner for getting it to me for a reasonable cost and time even though it wasn't close to any big cities.

My pleasure buddy. Great looking rig for a great price!

Wow, lucky man. That was the color combo I was searching for 3 years ago. I think they only made 10 green ‘04’s. Great find.

Wow that's crazy. Do you happen to have a source for that, I believe you because I haven't seen a ton of this color posted but it'd be nice to have a reference.

Haven't updated this because there hasn't been a whole lot of stuff done, but I'll go ahead a sum up the first year of ownership. This is my full time daily now and I think I just crossed 79k miles so it's getting some use.

One of the first things I did was replace the blown subwoofer and definitely used the help of @brizzle and his youtube channel (Brady Adventures) for this as it took a little modification for the Pyle sub to work. As others have reviewed it's not gonna blow you away with it's performance but works decently in the stock enclosure.

IMG_0343.JPG
IMG_0347.JPG

Next two things I got done were the cabin air filter mod, that was probably necessary as seen by the debris accumulated and added some @TRAIL TAILOR recovery points in the front.

IMG_0387.JPG
IMG_0309.jpg

Last edited:
The biggest project so far was the drawer build that I worked with my dad on as he has a full wood working shop that we put to use. He has a cool video on his IG that goes through the whole process we did but I'll post a few pictures of the finished product. Took inspiration from a lot of different people on these as I'm obviously not the first to make these but am happy so far with how they turned out.

()

IMG_0577.jpg
IMG_0579.jpg
IMG_0675.jpg

And finally this last month I've gotten some of the more fun upgrades on the truck and actually got it fully paid off so hopefully will have some more money to spend on it :rolleyes:.

Picked up a set of TRD Rock Warriors and put on 5 Falken Wildpeak A/T3W in 285/70/17.

Bolted on a pair of sliders that I bought during the Metal Tech group buy. These are the OPOR version uncoated so I got them sandblasted and primed locally, and then just rattle canned the finish.

And finally installed a set of rear springs (OME 865s) that I picked up used from @gatormark91 and cranked the torsion bars to match the lift provided.

IMG_0402.jpg
IMG_0553.JPG
IMG_0437.jpg

Haven't updated this because there hasn't been a whole lot of stuff done, but I'll go ahead a sum up the first year of ownership. This is my full time daily now and I think I just crossed 79k miles so it's getting some use.

One of the first things I did was replace the blown subwoofer and definitely used the help of @brizzle and his youtube channel (Brady Adventures) for this as it took a little modification for the Pyle sub to work. As others have reviewed it's not gonna blow you away with it's performance but works decently in the stock enclosure.

View attachment 2045166View attachment 2045167

Next two things I got done were the cabin air filter mod, that was probably necessary as seen by the debris accumulated and added some @TRAIL TAILOR recovery points in the front.

View attachment 2045174View attachment 2045173
Thanks for the shout out @GatorBait1551 I have been MIA around here lately due to work, your rig is looking awesome!

Beautiful truck. Near perfect look as it is.

Even the dreaded fender flares look nice with that color. :grinpimp:

Thanks, yeah I do keep going back and forth with taking off the flares but they've grown on me and probably will stay on until I shell out money for bumpers.

Yeah, I took the flares off mine years ago and it has the wear marks even after touch up and buffing.

Another year of ownership down with the cruiser, took a trip up to Windrock park in TN for GSMTR and met up for some good wheeling with a few other mudders. @ga12r1 @Lndcrzr100inTN @abuck99 @MongooseGA @sammybones

Was a good test run with some of the gear I've put on the truck.

Slept in the back for a whole week on top of the drawers and the second row. Exped megamat was really comfortable and well worth the money.

thumbnail_62535985829__5298EBF2-8C26-4791-B059-FE275230E30A.jpg

Actually put the sliders to use with some good gouges left as proof. Later found out they were also the cause of a noise during/after the trip where they were coming in contact with the body after moving up on the frame after the couple of good hits.

thumbnail_IMG_1014.jpg

thumbnail_image0000041.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0941.jpg

image0000051.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom