Method Racing Wheels (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It looks right. Email Method and verify the part number thats what I did.

Thought process and planning? Pretty simple...$33usd and 5min of my time to see if something will work. If not I'll have a better understanding of what may and can return for that whopping $33 refund.

It is all about the small things and experimentation typically leads to the best solutions, for me anyway.
Did you ever get a solution to this?

I 3d printed some "cap extenders" that look like this:
1672949486327.png

Those ones are white, but the "real" version is black. They're made out of PETG so they're resistant to chemicals, water, sun, etc.

I've been running them without the caps for a couple of weeks now, on and off road to make sure they don't come off because I don't want to lose the actual method caps. So far, so good.

I'm going to put the method caps on and run them for another few weeks. If they stay on, I'll post the 3d print file so people can make their own.

For those more curious, here's some more pics:
1672949644663.png

1672949657589.png

1672949667891.png

1672949687929.png

Hey guys you can get all your answers by checking Methods Master Parts List under the “wheels”
tab, I downloaded off their website here: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0...Master_Part_List_10-21-2022.xlsx?v=1666390526

You can sort by 5x150, then by hub bore- There is a corresponding cap part number listed with each wheel reference- cross check to your requirements

FYI Most of the push through caps on 5x150 applications have 116.5 hub bore wheels- Note: these are lug centric. They will work but just not hub centric. 110.5 bore wheels are hub centric but won’t have push through caps - that’s the trade off.

Got the MR706 on the LX. Love how it looks.
View attachment 3222553

View attachment 3222557
Happy to see someone else running the Method Bronze on white truck look. I just ordered the 706's for my cruiser and thought that the bronze would look super sharp.. You've proved that theory right! I ordered 17" with 0 offset so we'll see how that goes, with respect to fender rubbing.

Happy to see someone else running the Method Bronze on white truck look. I just ordered the 706's for my cruiser and thought that the bronze would look super sharp.. You've proved that theory right! I ordered 17" with 0 offset so we'll see how that goes, with respect to fender rubbing.
What size tire? Please post pics when complete!

Just to let everyone know method is running a sale right now on their wheels. Just ordered a set of 5.

Hopefully I don't have to cancel this order like the last because of them overselling and having to wait months on stock.

I 3d printed some "cap extenders" that look like this:
View attachment 3211257

Those ones are white, but the "real" version is black. They're made out of PETG so they're resistant to chemicals, water, sun, etc.

I've been running them without the caps for a couple of weeks now, on and off road to make sure they don't come off because I don't want to lose the actual method caps. So far, so good.

I'm going to put the method caps on and run them for another few weeks. If they stay on, I'll post the 3d print file so people can make their own.

For those more curious, here's some more pics:
View attachment 3211264

View attachment 3211265

View attachment 3211266

View attachment 3211267
How did these end up working out for you?

How did these end up working out for you?
They've been perfect. Printed in black petg, which is uv and chemical resistant. Lightly sanded them to create a matte look. They've stayed on for about 3k miles without issue, including mud puddles, rock crawling, desert whoops, freeway speeds, etc.
Rock solid

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom