Method Racing Wheels (17 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

THREAD RESURRECTION!!! :clap:

It's been 2.5 years since anyone posted...any new feedback on good/bad experiences with the Methods? I like the thought of 17" setup, but assume the +0 offset will eventually cause some heartburn (whether it be rubbing or accelerated wear/tear on the CVs, etc.), since it's pushing +2" of offset from OE wheel setup.

Or the 18s with +25mm offset I suppose.

Decisions, decisions. New to the 100-series world!

Last edited:
helping revive too not enough 100 series with methods! Debating some 18s to replace my powder coated stock wheels

helping revive too not enough 100 series with methods! Debating some 18s to replace my powder coated stock wheels
I love my Method 18s

B7FDA70B-2F96-4815-9693-5BFA271C92D7.jpeg

There's a good amount of us, stuff just didn't get posted in this thread. :beer:

I'm thinking of running this on my next hundy, haven't seen anyone with it. 18x9 ET +18. Going to run 305/65/18 so they'll stick out a little.

s-l640.jpg

Just be careful. I remember the Ford Raptor community was big on installing aftermarket wheels like Methods until they were starting to crack. Granted, those Raptors were probably doing jumps on non forged rims but still you can drive on a bent rim not a cracked one.

Many aftermarket wheels look awesome and are at a good price point but if you plan on putting your wheels and tires through some abuse the better option is probably a set of Tundra takeoffs. They are similarly priced and are forged so much stronger.

20180822_121425.jpg

275 70 r18 . No spacers, with OME lift there was only slight rubbing at full lock till I took care of the pinch weld then did a body lift for good measure. In the pic truck has OME lift , 1 inch body lift , and is fully loaded for a 3 week Colorado/Utah/Nevada trip.

Just be careful. I remember the Ford Raptor community was big on installing aftermarket wheels like Methods until they were starting to crack. Granted, those Raptors were probably doing jumps on non forged rims but still you can drive on a bent rim not a cracked one.

Many aftermarket wheels look awesome and are at a good price point but if you plan on putting your wheels and tires through some abuse the better option is probably a set of Tundra takeoffs. They are similarly priced and are forged so much stronger.

"Aftermarket wheels "like" methods"; not sure if you are singling the brand out as an example or lumping them into a category of "all aftermarket" wheels, but quality aftermarket wheels used in conjunction with the correct load rating are often superior to factory OEM wheels. Doing a quick search on "broken method wheels" didn't turn up any results; not to say there aren't any examples out there but in today's web connected world you can bet even the slightest wiff of failed product would surface in numbers if this were a noteworthy problem.

There are plenty of owners here on the forum using 1pc cast aluminum Method wheels and no issues reported. In fact I haven't heard any issues with cheaper brands of cast wheels cracking or breaking here. Obviously not all cast wheels are made to the same standard or made with the same exact metallurgy, and that is worth looking into when choosing a wheel.

The
I'm thinking of running this on my next hundy, haven't seen anyone with it. 18x9 ET +18. Going to run 305/65/18 so they'll stick out a little.

s-l640.jpg

"Aftermarket wheels "like" methods"; not sure if you are singling the brand out as an example or lumping them into a category of "all aftermarket" wheels, but quality aftermarket wheels used in conjunction with the correct load rating are often superior to factory OEM wheels. Doing a quick search on "broken method wheels" didn't turn up any results; not to say there aren't any examples out there but in today's web connected world you can bet even the slightest wiff of failed product would surface in numbers if this were a noteworthy problem.

There are plenty of owners here on the forum using 1pc cast aluminum Method wheels and no issues reported. In fact I haven't heard any issues with cheaper brands of cast wheels cracking or breaking here. Obviously not all cast wheels are made to the same standard or made with the same exact metallurgy, and that is worth looking into when choosing a wheel.

I have personally seen 2 cracked method wheels on Raptors. I have also seen numerous other non forged wheels crack during "off road use".

Simply put forged rims are stronger than cast wheels. They are also more uniform in strength and weight. Aftermarket forged wheels are also at least double the price as cast wheels.

There is also an abundance of forged Toyota rims that are direct fitment for the 100 series that can be had on the aftermarket for the same cost or less than a set of aftermarket cast rims.

Dependability and reliability are some of the trademark features of our 100 series. To add a part that is less robust than the part you are replacing seems counterproductive.

The

Oh wow, i was looking at a black cruiser too, this is perfect, im digging the look. If i can make the deal with the sell this is the set of wheels i want for sure. thanks bro

f3AXJBM.jpg

Is anyone running 17x8.5 0 offset?

Wanted to know how much would it stick out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom